wet rims

• Discuss wet rims in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Today I took out my huffy for the first day this spring and while I was biking theres this fence that you need to go through with a hill leading down... ...
  • Tags jump
W

Whoa

wet rims post #1
Today I took out my huffy for the first day this spring and while I was biking theres this fence that you need to go through with a hill leading down to it. I started pedaling really fast because i had my new hombre and I thought I could stop in time but my rims were too wet and i ran into the fence really hard. Now my question. Is there anything I can do other than buying new rims and wiping them down once in a while to be able to stop when my rims are wet?

T

Trimix

wet rims post #2
Wipe them brother, all you can do.

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

wet rims post #3
black rims should be able to brake in rain arent they :?

S

sandmriderbmx

wet rims post #4
dont use yur brakes, just put your foot on your tire like a brakless rider

O

oibmxpunx

wet rims post #5
man when i got to a park when its raining man it sucks (i drive a truck) cuz my bike gets all wet and my brakes dont work and i always jump the box jumps to warm up and theres thing crazy vert wall behind it i almost die on it every time cuz i for get my rim is wet lol

I

infantry43RIDER

wet rims post #6
sandmriderbmx said:
i don't use my foot...
gotta wipe the rims down.

B

bigs

wet rims post #7

i dont got any brakes and the foot works good.

F

federal_rider12

wet rims post #8
yeah you have to wipe the rim down its not like water just comes off, you can keep using the brakes and after a while they might work. also if your riding down a grass hill or something and water gets on the rim well be ready for the brakes not to work

P

[PRIMO]

wet rims post #9
yeah when your rims are wet jam your foot in to the tire the back tire unless you want to go over the bars but yeah no braking when your rims are wet

New Topics