Weight/Heater stuff

• Discuss Weight/Heater stuff in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey. Got a few questions about the Stolen Heater. Dans says it weighs 27.7 lbs. Is that right? And does that weight include pegs? How much do you... ...
C

cummings

Weight/Heater stuff post #1
Hey. Got a few questions about the Stolen Heater. Dans says it weighs 27.7 lbs. Is that right? And does that weight include pegs?

How much do you think it would weigh without the brake and pegs and stripped shadow seat?

Lastly, I've mostly seen stripped/shaved fit seats, does it work out good on shadows?

Thanks

KoolAidGuy

KoolAidGuy

Weight/Heater stuff post #2
weight is w/o pegs i think, stripping a shadow seat will save like an ounce

E

Etniesbmx1

Weight/Heater stuff post #3
dude 27.7lbs. isnt that heavy, its actually pretty light compared to most completes on the market right now, I have yet to find a complete under 27 lbs.. And like Koolaid said, dont bother with the seat...

kjuy

kjuy

Weight/Heater stuff post #4
I think Dans Comp lies to make bikes seem lighter. My friend got a Eastern 9volt and Dans said it was 28 pounds, We weighed it at the local shop and it was 32 pounds, there is some 5 pounds there and I want to know how they got there.

KoolAidGuy

KoolAidGuy

Weight/Heater stuff post #5
dans either gets the weight from the company directly or weighs it themself but we dont know whats on the bike

E

Etniesbmx1

Weight/Heater stuff post #6
I think Dans Comp lies to make bikes seem lighter. My friend got a Eastern 9volt and Dans said it was 28 pounds, We weighed it at the local shop and it was 32 pounds, there is some 5 pounds there and I want to know how they got there.
The Eastern site say 28 lbs.. Maybe the scale was wrong...its very possible. But Im sure dans takes all the specs straight from the company.

C

Cruch

Weight/Heater stuff post #7
stipped shadows look bad in a bad way when stripped, its the weight with out pegs, buy it

C

cummings

Weight/Heater stuff post #8
Aight thnx. Are the stock rims (supra G) decent? Thats about the only weakpoint i can really see. If they're okay, and its lighter than the bel air, I think I may get it. I'll take off the brake and it should be just under 27 lbs.

B

Biking2112

Weight/Heater stuff post #9
why not get the bike and do whatever you want to it and then weigh it? that'l get you what you want to know.

C

cummings

Weight/Heater stuff post #10
Because I'm trying to figure out how much it'll weigh before i spend my money.

E

Etniesbmx1

Weight/Heater stuff post #11
Aight thnx. Are the stock rims (supra G) decent? Thats about the only weakpoint i can really see. If they're okay, and its lighter than the bel air, I think I may get it. I'll take off the brake and it should be just under 27 lbs.
Im buying one here soon,like with in the next week probably. But Im throwing a Supra J on it.

720 TAilwhip

720 TAilwhip

Weight/Heater stuff post #12
**********I HAVE a heater and with stock pegs they are half a pound per peg so it will be 28 something without breaks it is really light i also have dual asmsit will be even lighter with stock belters the seat is already small enough pm me with any questions

Ali

Ali

Weight/Heater stuff post #13
I hate people who care so much about a few ounces. I mean if you're a good enough rider its not going to make a difference, is it. Also why are you already worrying about upgrades for a proper nice bike that you havent even bought yet? Ride stuff till it shows signs of breaking and then replace it.

New Topics