WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info?

• Discuss WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey i just saw this bike out of nowhere! i would like some info on it, is the breaks that come with it complete shit, if you should buy breaks for it... ...
dannytupac

dannytupac

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #1
Last edited:
I

iGamble

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #2
Dans isn't always 100% accurate.

The Lost Otter

The Lost Otter

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #3
dans is weight with pegs.

odyssey brake and lever, so there's a plus...

dannytupac

dannytupac

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #4
dans is weight with pegs.

odyssey brake and lever, so there's a plus...

it comes with odyssey brake or what?

and is the is this WTP envy or the KHE Bar-Bados PRO better?

street/ramp/park

J

JaredBmx

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #5
damn that khe bike is only 21 pounds??

andhey

andhey

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #6
the wtp envy comes with a eclat u brake and removable mounts and guides

quik63

quik63

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #7
they are both sick bikes lol XD the wtp has eclat which is owned by wtp and is a descent brand not like salt but more quality but the khe is just ****en light but both german design ........... flip a coin?

Red Horn

Red Horn

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #8
All bikes are shipped with brakes (not necessarily installed) by law. If you ride the Envy with a brake you will f'up the powder coated rim.

is the is this WTP envy or the KHE Bar-Bados PRO better?
KHE.

damn that khe bike is only 21 pounds??
Yep, wicked light!

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #9
Well one thing to consider is the KHE has a freecoaster and the envy a cassette, so your looking at to very different riding set ups here. I noticed you had been looking into flatland now you seem to be looking at more park street type setups. I think you need to hang out here and read and learn a bit more about BMX, the different styles of riding and the parts they require. I will say you have great taste though both of those bikes are amazing completes the big difference is coast or not.

Red Horn

Red Horn

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #10
Very good point. I have been overlooking that.

Basically on a cassette when your back wheel goes backwards(fakieing) your pedals turn with it..
With a freecoaster your pedals don't move at all when the rear wheel goes backwards...
But to pedal forwards it doesn't engage straight away and it takes about half a pedal turn to get it to go fowards, ghost pedalling..

If you don't know how it works and you don't think you could cope with the maintenance involved, DON'T GET ONE. Cassettes are much easier and take less maintenance and won't break as often.
Courtesy of YouMeAtSix

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #11
oggyogden

oggyogden

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #12
both bikes have removeable brake mounts so theres a plus in case you wanna change from braless to brake using.
also the khe has the freecoaster which is great. both the bikes are great but my personal preferation is the wethepeople.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #13
the khe has the freecoaster which is great..
Well not necessarily some would not want the extra Maintenance of a freecoaster, Some don't like them at all some love them. It's really a preference thing.

dannytupac

dannytupac

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #14
Very good point. I have been overlooking that.

Courtesy of YouMeAtSix

hmm, i think a freecoaster would be better? don't see a point in the other, i remember on my old bmx bike every time i went backwards it pedaled back and it pissed me off and ate mad dirt once, haha.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #15
Cassette works just like any freewheel hub basically. While the bike is moving in a forward direction, you can pedal forward it moves the bike forward pedal backwards it dose nothing but make more noise ( As in the movement of the wheel is not affected ). Now Bike moving backwards or Fakie, the hub will force the cranks to rotate backwards (Basically the reverse of the cranks rotating the hub).

Now with a freecoaster everything is basically the same except for when the bike is moving in fakie. With a freecoaster while the bike is moving backwards the cranks can set still and coast so you don’t have to pedal backwards while going fakie.

The acceptation to the rule is the Gcoaster hopefully to be released soon. It can coast like any other freecoaster or you can remove a pin from the driver which will allow the clutch to engage forward or reverse, this means you will be able to accelerate in fakie. But on the down side if you pedal backwards wile going forwards the wheel locks up and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E06R_fmocsY

R

Robbesoes

WE THE PEOPLE ENVY 2009 info? post #16
I've got the envy now,
I'm liking it!

New Topics