waxing ledges

• Discuss waxing ledges in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; today me and pobie started the quest to wax all the grindable ledges in our town/city... some of them used to so smooth, but time washed away all the... ...
  • Tags bike
S

sentaafEQpovar

waxing ledges post #1
today me and pobie started the quest to wax all the grindable ledges in our town/city... some of them used to so smooth, but time washed away all the wax we ever had in there from like 3 years ago... all of it

any tips on how to make this an eaiser task opposed to, wax, then grind, the rewax, then grind, then rewax... we usually have one person constantly grinding the ledge while the other is waxing it

are red bricks worth waxing, cuas ei have grinded a few smooth brick ledges, but they are rare

I

infantry43RIDER

waxing ledges post #2
dude i never use wax...
wax is mostly for skaters man...if you get some really nice pegs that are made for grinding concrete and bricks and stuff you really don't need wax on a bike.

F

federal_rider12

waxing ledges post #3
if ur goin to wax then wax it like crazy and itll stay for a long time ledges we have waxed have only needed to be waxed once and they r still good but bricks ive never grinded but i think they r to weak to grind everytime u land on it id think they break if i can tap them with a rubber mallet and crack them then i doubt theyd last for a grind

T

Tibro

waxing ledges post #4
or dude.. if you must use wax... why are you goin round waxing every single ledge?
if ya really wanna use wax, wax up your pegs or something... may not have completely te same effect, but it will be a hell of a lot easier

C

casperh

waxing ledges post #5
Tibro said:
if ya really wanna use wax, wax up your pegs or something... may not have completely te same effect, but it will be a hell of a lot easier
8O 8O 8O

i wouldnt do the red bricks because you really ruin them and if you do it over and over again it will also be bad for you pegs :?

L

leon_luxton

waxing ledges post #6
yeah i dont think it will be any good waxing or grinding on red bricks really..that waxing ya peg things sounds like it may work but aint 2 sure,give it a try and tell us what happens.
If it dont work Just wax a ledge then just grind,grind and grind..no need to KEEP REWAXING,if so then its pointless griding that thing,just find soming new and better. alot of skaters use wax to so go steal it of them,lol,j/k :lol:

F

federal_rider12

waxing ledges post #7
leon_luxton said:
yeah i dont think it will be any good waxing or grinding on red bricks really..that waxing ya peg things sounds like it may work but aint 2 sure,give it a try and tell us what happens.
If it dont work Just wax a ledge then just grind,grind and grind..no need to KEEP REWAXING,if so then its pointless griding that thing,just find soming new and better. alot of skaters use wax to so go steal it of them,lol,j/k :lol:
i tried that waxin my pegs and it worked alot worse then waxin the ledge b/c as soon as i hit the ledge the wax was gone b/c wax cant stick to and hide in the pegs like it can on cement/concrete plus u grind in a small spot on ur pegs so it goes fast but on a ledge u wax the entire thing and it will last longer but at least u thought of somethin maybe itll turn out better for someone else but didnt work for me

I

infantry43RIDER

waxing ledges post #8
casperh said:
Tibro said:
8O 8O 8O

i wouldnt do the red bricks because you really ruin them and if you do it over and over again it will also be bad for you pegs :?
aww your going to ruin the bricks.
bricks actually do slide decent...i have done brick ledges before many times.
i just don't like wax because it pointless..i slide just as good without it.

C

casperh

waxing ledges post #9
infantry43RIDER said:
casperh said:
Tibro said:
8O 8O 8O

aww your going to ruin the bricks.
bricks actually do slide decent...i have done brick ledges before many times.
i just don't like wax because it pointless..i slide just as good without it.
me 2!

E

EPMD

waxing ledges post #10
infantry43RIDER said:
dude i never use wax...
wax is mostly for skaters man...if you get some really nice pegs that are made for grinding concrete and bricks and stuff you really don't need wax on a bike.
What pegs do you use?

I

infantry43RIDER

waxing ledges post #11
animal.

S

sentaafEQpovar

waxing ledges post #12
infantry43RIDER said:
dude i never use wax...
im not as good as u i guess, we grinded a ledge yesterday it was unwaxed, i slid about 3 feet and it made my pegs roll... then we waxed ait and grinded it and smoothed it out.. i was able to slide a good 20 feet

S

sentaafEQpovar

waxing ledges post #13
Tibro said:
or dude.. if you must use wax... why are you goin round waxing every single ledge?
waxing ur pegs is absoultely poountless, uy would have to rewax it after every grind

I

infantry43RIDER

waxing ledges post #14
well wax helps obviously no matter what.
i just find it pointless...i mean if you want to grind far go fast..

its not good that your pegs roll...thats not because of not using wax.

B

bruisedbob

waxing ledges post #15
Try using gulf wax. It is canning wax. You can find it in the grocery store near the canning jars and lids. Its real hard and doesn't grind off real fast. But don't use too much and ruin a perfect ledge.

I

infantry43RIDER

waxing ledges post #16
yea you definitly don't want to ruin the good ledge by waxing the hell out of it.

S

sentaafEQpovar

waxing ledges post #17
how does more wax ruin a ledge? ive only seen the more wax added, the better it slides... inform me plz

im *** but i still like to use crayons and colord candles cuase they make the ledge look pretty for about half an hour before it turns black

and some spots u cant get much speed cuase u have to come around a tight corner or things of that sort

I

infantry43RIDER

waxing ledges post #18
this doesn't bother me at all but the ledges with that wax look really retarted all black and shit.

and i mean you never know...you might want to use the ledge for like a fufanu someday down the road and with all that slippery ass wax on it it won't really work.

E

Erin

waxing ledges post #19
Tibro said:

that is the stupidest statement I've ever heard.. could you imagine grinding smooth then all of the sudden the wax on your pegs runs out, so you're stuck and fly off???

I also hear parfine (sp?) wax is good, I have some (for my wax dip <--- girl thing) and it's nice and oily, cheap too, and you can get it at your local grociery store.

I

infantry43RIDER

waxing ledges post #20
Erin said:
Tibro said:

that is the stupidest statement I've ever heard.. could you imagine grinding smooth then all of the sudden the wax on your pegs runs out, so you're stuck and fly off???
see i don't think most people get it.
if you are going fast enough and stuff like that...and actually grind decently you won't need wax...therefore you won't get stuck and fly over.

for example...has any one of you seen the animal video...well rememeber when Vic Ayala did that little gap to feeble on the brick ledge...and he was going slow as hell...but he made it all the way...and it wasn't waxed..you can't tell by the sound and texture.

New Topics