wats the difference

• Discuss wats the difference in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; wats the difference between a freecoaster hub and a normal hub ...
  • Tags cranks flatland
F

fitbike rulz

wats the difference post #1
wats the difference between a freecoaster hub and a normal hub

L

leon_luxton

wats the difference post #2
well when ya roll backwards on a normal hub ya need to pedal back also cos ya cranks go around but with a good freecoaster when ya roll back the cranks dont so need 2 pedal back..the reason for this is for flatlanders when they doing b/w rolling tricks they dont move..i have a taska 11t freecoaster but am gonna get a nankai freecoaster AS SOON as i gat the moneys :D

F

federal_rider12

wats the difference post #3
freecoaster-allows you to move backwards without pedaling
freewheel/cassette-need to back pedal or you will lock it up and the freewheel/cassette will force you to back pedal or it will just stop

RuLe

RuLe

wats the difference post #4
i rode one and it like kicks in after the first half pedal. its freaking wried but it works for flatlanders

F

federal_rider12

wats the difference post #5
you must have riden a crap one because they engage like everything else. its just like people saying cassettes dont engage as good as freewheels, well thats bull cassettes engage just like freewheels and i think better

I

infantry43RIDER

wats the difference post #6
yea dude RuLe...you can set freecoasters to different engagments...
so you can make it engage JUST like a normal freewheel or cassette hub if you would like...or you can make the engagment really delayed so that you don't have to pedal backwards at all.

P

[PRIMO]

wats the difference post #7
yeah me and rule went to the shop and the machanic got a new bike hes a flatlander but it kicked in right away

New Topics