Vert on dirt

S

Snafu_06

Vert on dirt post #1
Although i admire professional dirt jumpers i hate what dirt has become in comps, it has lost its flow with few exceptions(mikey) im sorry but i rather see a nice styled turn down than a back-flip 360 barspinn to no hander to can can.

G

Vert on dirt post #2
amen

H

hartattack_199

Vert on dirt post #3
its not exactly what BMXing really is,is it

I

infantry43RIDER

Vert on dirt post #4
most contests are bullshit...judges that know only 2 names...dave and ryan.

i like the underground comps like ghetto street and roots and stuff like that a little more...but amen to what you said snafu...we just can't do anything about it.

G

go4broke44

Vert on dirt post #5
haro must pay off the judges...

****in haro and their heavy ass shit

I

infantry43RIDER

Vert on dirt post #6
go4broke44 said:
haro must pay off the judges...

f*ck haro and their heavy ass shit
you need to know what you are talking about before you can just bash shit...
haro doesn't make heavy stuff...infact the pro model frames only weigh about 6 pounds 2 oz...lighter than the frame i have...so get a different arguement why they suck...

i dislike haros just like you do...but its because i don't like their team so im not going to support them...i don't like the style of the frame and i like american made stuff...smaller companies are better for me too.

T

Tucker

Vert on dirt post #7
I agree with what your saying but the thing is is that most riders that ride for flow and style rather than just tricks dont tend to enter comps, i mean do you see Brian Yeagal in many comps, Burger, or sandy carson? but there are still some acceptions like Mike Aitken, Chris Doyle, and Garret burns. some people are just pushing riding though and you have to respect them for it. I mean ive seen Stephen Murrey do a 360 backflip turndown and yes i know it a "crowed pleaser" but in all honesty i thought it looked awsome.

G

go4broke44

Vert on dirt post #8
well i guess they upgraded their frames and stuff, but i remember when the backtrail and mirra pro used to weight like 9 lbs, which is ridiculously heavy. im sure haro makes some nice stuff, for instance their pegs are a good idea with the anti-roll device. My main reason for disliking haro is their team, and somewhat monopoly of the market, much like how mongoose was back in the day. everyone who buys a mongoose/haro thinks its the best bike in the world, just because mirra/nyquist or someone else rides it too. also, most people with haros or mongoose bikes suck at riding anyway. my friend has a mirra pro, and the damn thing is wicked heavy, but with the haro LSD, it makes it even worse, it runs like shit. pulling up to hop is very difficult, and manuals are impossible with his setup. i can't wait til he gets a better setup, he's gonna go off, because he can already ride pretty decent for a beginner now, but a lighter bike that runs smoother is gonna open up a whole new world for him.

V

Vic_Vega

Vert on dirt post #9
Tucker said:
I agree with what your saying but the thing is is that most riders that ride for flow and style rather than just tricks dont tend to enter comps, i mean do you see Brian Yeagal in many comps, Burger, or sandy carson? but there are still some acceptions like Mike Aitken, Chris Doyle, and Garret burns. some people are just pushing riding though and you have to respect them for it. I mean ive seen Stephen Murrey do a 360 backflip turndown and yes i know it a "crowed pleaser" but in all honesty i thought it looked awsome.
Although if contests were judged on flow and style(and the judges actually rode BMX), Mikey Aitkin would win them all :D .

R

Ride4life

Vert on dirt post #10
Holy Crap its amazing how the topic of a thread can change as soon as youy enter dave and ryan its damn ridiculous yes the flowing stylish riding is awsome to see but lets see mike aitken do a 360 flip turndown it aint gonna happen.I do think that other riders deserve a win but I do not think haro is paying off people all you guys see haro is is a massive bike company when they really are smaller than huffy and mongoose.And if they were paying off judges than these hardcore riders that you guys admire are guilty of nyquists undefeated streaks cause the judges are all riders.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Vert on dirt post #11
what harder to do, a nicely styled turn down or a 360 double backflip tabletop double barspin to nofooted x-up

i think that the contest might be based on the skill it takes to do sumthing, not the style they did it with, + with highly publisiced contest like X-games and shit, where people who are not familiar with the sport, they wont be able to tell the diff between a nicely styled turn down and a shitty one, although im pretty sure they also cant tell the diff between a barspin and x-up or a can can and a no hander or sumthing around those means

I

ieatcrayons

Vert on dirt post #12
got a point there

I

infantry43RIDER

Vert on dirt post #13
ehhh...no.

New Topics