Versitile Tires

• Discuss Versitile Tires in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What is a good set of high pressure wire bead all around tires for 70% street, 20% dirt and 10 park? Would [I]prefer[/I] same brand F & R, but not... ...
Red Horn

Red Horn

Versitile Tires post #1
What is a good set of high pressure wire bead all around tires for 70% street, 20% dirt and 10 park? Would prefer same brand F & R, but not mandatory if ultimate combo is not. Lighter weight and long wear are a +.

Last edited:
2WheelPride

2WheelPride

Versitile Tires post #2
Primo Wall

bmx1986

bmx1986

Versitile Tires post #3
Rubens

C

Connor93

Versitile Tires post #4
shadow undertakers or fly rubens off the top of my head.

Red Horn

Red Horn

Versitile Tires post #5
OK, I blew off the idea all summer and stuck with the stock Maxxis Ringworms. Now in the off season will need a pair. Leaning toward Undertakers F & R. Any other last minute suggestions? Not overly concerned a whole lot about weight and shooting for the lower priced tires if possible.

hot karl

hot karl

Versitile Tires post #6
2.2 odyssey dirt path p-lyte in the front, 1.9 odyssey aitken p-lyte in the rear. best tire combo ever. i love the dirt path front tire, you can take turns so fast and almost lay the bike over like a crotch rocket. plus odyssey tires last a LONG time.

Red Horn

Red Horn

Versitile Tires post #7
^ Don't see 2.2 odyssey dirt path p-lyte on Dan's. How do you think a ODYSSEY MIKE AITKEN P-LYTE 2.25 in front and a ODYSSEY PATH P-LYTE in rear will work? Also IYO do you think would there be enough clearance for a 2.10 in the rear of a 2003 DK Dayton or should I go with a skinny 1.85?

hot karl

hot karl

Versitile Tires post #8
idk about clearance, but you can get the dirt path in p-lyte from www.empirebmx.com. i prefer them to danscomp anyways, they always seem to have the parts i like, whereas danscomp tends to have the trend of the month.

i used to have the 2.25 aitken tire as a front tire and found it was extremely overkill. when it's fully inflated it actually measures a massive 2.4" wide. the path p-lyte is a good rear tire though.

Red Horn

Red Horn

Versitile Tires post #9
Thanks. I see you points and the combo should work well for me. Light too boot :wink:.

Know any discount codes for them?

Last edited:
Brooklynrider

Brooklynrider

Versitile Tires post #10
Rubens are great. They feel kinda sluggish but grip like no tommorow. They never get flats and they are pretty light too. Last forever

SF101

SF101

Versitile Tires post #11
Can go wrong with the Aitken and Path combo. I'm running a 2.25 Aitken in the front right now and don't think I'll ever try another tire. I also just bought a 2.10 Path for the rear, but haven't been able to try it out yet....

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

Versitile Tires post #12
Should have just gone with primo walls they are the only tire I know of that are designed to do well on all surfaces and they wear amazingly well. I'm switching back once I get some use out of my current tires.

Red Horn

Red Horn

Versitile Tires post #13
^ They seem to make sense but are not rated for as high PSI and weigh a ton :eek:... :lol:

powwying

powwying

Versitile Tires post #14
Odyssey wired bead tires are good for what you want, or Fit FAF 2.25 in front and 2.1 or smaller in the rear if you don't wanna do monster tire 2.3

New Topics