Vermont pictures are up.

• Discuss Vermont pictures are up. in the BMX Photography forum in area BMX Forum Show-Off; So, not all of them are from Vermont. But they're still pretty badass, in my opinion. There's a little problem with the pictures resizing in the new... ...
  • Tags photo shop
E

evanc

Vermont pictures are up. post #1
So, not all of them are from Vermont. But they're still pretty badass, in my opinion. There's a little problem with the pictures resizing in the new layout, but it's 2:30am here and I've been working on the layout all night. So just bear with me. Let me know what you think.

http://evancharlton.50megs.com

And if you really hate having big pictures, then go here:

http://evancharlton.50megs.com/indexslow.htm

T

Trimix

Vermont pictures are up. post #2
Nice evan, thanks for those! You changed around your site also, looks nice with the left frame links.

E

EPMD

Vermont pictures are up. post #3
thats awesome :D

E

evanc

Vermont pictures are up. post #4
Trimix said:
Nice evan, thanks for those! You changed around your site also, looks nice with the left frame links.
Thanks. Although I'm pretty sure in order to fix the huge pictures in the right frame, I either a) have to make a new page for every picture, in which it's resized on there or b) have to resize every picture in Photoshop and then re-upload everything. Unless someone has another better idea.

T

Trimix

Vermont pictures are up. post #5
I looked again, you're probably going to have to resize each one. Sometimes what I do is make a page for each pic, so the .jpg would have it's own .htm page, then you can add a "back" link also to that page if you wanted to. When I pull down photos from the camera, I resize, adjust, sharpen, etc and then just upload them all at once.

Also I would lose the text links in the left frame, as it is only duplicating the pic links and they look cooler anyway. It seems redundant, and would give you more horizontal room on the 'main' page.

Looking at some of your other photos, like nonsport and the fireworks.....you certainly have some skills.

F

FOL

Vermont pictures are up. post #6
too many pictures on eah part...take sme long to load... php has some nice function that it creates thumbnails itself, but you need some shit for it which I forgot.

Anyway, didn't look bad, neither the website. It is looking much better

I

infantry43RIDER

Vermont pictures are up. post #7
good pictures evan.
i do like that new setup thingy too.

T

Trimix

Vermont pictures are up. post #8
http://evancharlton.50megs.com/new/evan180underneath.jpg

I like this shot. Just plaster "gatorade" or something on the bottom of the board, and it's good to go.

Your pics are NOT huge. This one is 113kb, you COULD size them down to 800 x 600 to help load times.......just thoughts.....for dial up junkies (ha ha) I keep them under 50kb.

E

evanc

Vermont pictures are up. post #9
Yeah, it's a long story. So today I set up a batch in photoshop and set it up to run. I went and played Medal of Honor. When I came back, all 296 pictures were done. And the same size. So I go ahead and upload them. Guess what: they aren't all the same size. If you go through some directories, you'll find some that are half the size of the originals (gigantic, but now large) and some that are 1/4 size of the originals (nice size). I open the still-large ones in photoshop. Still the same size as the normal ones. Ok, so I re-upload them and delete the old ones. No change. I half size the new ones, up load them, and now they're 1/8 the OG size. I almost killed myself. So until I get some time to work this out, you guys will just have to bitch about it. Unless someone wants to write me an HTML script for a seperate page for each individual picture.

T

Trimix

Vermont pictures are up. post #10
evanc said:
Yeah, it's a long story. So today I set up a batch in photoshop and set it up to run. I went and played Medal of Honor. When I came back, all 296 pictures were done. And the same size. So I go ahead and upload them. Guess what: they aren't all the same size. If you go through some directories, you'll find some that are half the size of the originals (gigantic, but now large) and some that are 1/4 size of the originals (nice size). I open the still-large ones in photoshop. Still the same size as the normal ones. Ok, so I re-upload them and delete the old ones. No change. I half size the new ones, up load them, and now they're 1/8 the OG size. I almost killed myself. So until I get some time to work this out, you guys will just have to bitch about it. Unless someone wants to write me an HTML script for a seperate page for each individual picture.
Like a web administrator once told me, "You should be able to figure it out in somewhere between 1 and 1000 hours".....working with pics is tiresome, especially 296 of them!! They were all the same size when you started?

E

evanc

Vermont pictures are up. post #11
Yup. Bitch, a'int it?

New Topics