vaseline

• Discuss vaseline in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Will vaseline work for greasing the hubs, cranks and all those bits??? I would buy grease but if i can use vaseline it would save money as i have a... ...
DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

vaseline post #1
Will vaseline work for greasing the hubs, cranks and all those bits???

I would buy grease but if i can use vaseline it would save money as i have a huge tub of it....

nowhales180

nowhales180

vaseline post #2
you have a huge tub of vaseline cause you wank so much.
stick to grease dude.

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

vaseline post #3
lmao.... no its used for the trampoline to stop squeaking...

Will vaseline not work then...

also, when greasing thing how much do i use...

nowhales180

nowhales180

vaseline post #4
i suggest you get rubber gloves and put a chunk in ur hand. get the beraing and stuff and roll em' around. do the same for ur hubs and bb stuff. since ur a pro at wanking get the spindle and jerk it. ahahhahahah. just messin.

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

vaseline post #5
lol so the vaseline will be ok then?

nowhales180

nowhales180

vaseline post #6
no... the vaseline will make a huge mess and possibly ruin ur bike. use any grease. i suggest some polygrease. it's like a bluish greenish color. should be able to find some at ur local bike shop.

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

vaseline post #7
oh ok no vaseline....

I work at a bike shop and i do a little bit of work putting stems pedals and seats and wheels on.. and the use a kinda white grease.... in a abig tin and sell little tubes of it...

so should i buy it or is there any real good stuff on the net...

This bike shop wont lose money from me... my dad spend £600 in there a couple of days ago... and the sell loads...

nowhales180

nowhales180

vaseline post #8
go get a tube of it bro

nowhales180

nowhales180

vaseline post #11
that stuff will work... too i guess

DanielRobinson

DanielRobinson

vaseline post #12
im in the UK dude so if you can find that on a uk site ill be so thankfull

Gnagy

Gnagy

vaseline post #13
i suggest you get rubber gloves and put a chunk in ur hand. get the beraing and stuff and roll em' around. do the same for ur hubs and bb stuff. since ur a pro at wanking get the spindle and jerk it. ahahhahahah. just messin.

you don't need the gloves unless you are a girl afraid to get grease on your hands.

nowhales180

nowhales180

vaseline post #14
i like to say that maybe i like my hands clean.

B

Biking2112

vaseline post #15
or just take your bike into where you work and borrow a little bit of the grease that they use and you don't loose any money. I doubt they will care.

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

vaseline post #16
^How ofter should you grease your bbs, hubs, headsets, and pedals?

Wildbill

Wildbill

vaseline post #17
oh ok no vaseline....

I work at a bike shop and i do a little bit of work putting stems pedals and seats and wheels on.. and the use a kinda white grease.... in a abig tin and sell little tubes of it...

so should i buy it or is there any real good stuff on the net...

This bike shop wont lose money from me... my dad spend £600 in there a couple of days ago... and the sell loads...
the white grease is most likely white lithium which is a light grease, used more as a lube. I use it for my brake cable housing and brake bushings. When it comes to threaded parts like axles, hubs, etc.. i use the thicker blackish/green grease.

ParkLife

ParkLife

vaseline post #18
Vaseline is actually a fairly good grease, but it is crazy slow and messy.

It is petrolium based and when mixed with a Molybdenum-Disulphide based grease, is waterproof and and extremely good high pressure grease.

amishrob

amishrob

vaseline post #19
that park grease will be good, but just use some of the shit at your work, ask the mechanic what he recommends or some shit.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

vaseline post #20
Flies in the Vaseline we are

New Topics