using 10mm front wheel on 14mm forks

• Discuss using 10mm front wheel on 14mm forks in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; can it be done? i saw some adapters like that before im pretty sure.. idk. ...
gavisuarez92

gavisuarez92

using 10mm front wheel on 14mm forks post #1
can it be done? i saw some adapters like that before im pretty sure.. idk.

M

maras91

using 10mm front wheel on 14mm forks post #2
yeh there are adapters available

Pickles

Pickles

using 10mm front wheel on 14mm forks post #4
primo's andy's nuts are a good idea,but I dont like them. the adaptor part is too long,so you have to space it out a ton.

not just that,they cant be used for female hubs,which are becoming popular,so if you convert to a female hub later on (and stick to 3/8,please,no need for a 14mm female to be honest) then you bought those for no reason

albes has those dropout spacers somewhere.

these are cool,but they might be too long http://www.albes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1613

Dans has dropout spacers. you should get something that looks like a tophat. Those are the best for converting 10mm axles to work on 14mm forks

The Radness

The Radness

using 10mm front wheel on 14mm forks post #5
i hate those top hat washer things

they are a super bitch to use if you run pegs and don't have any room to run them on the inside of a dropout

andy's nuts are the best! why don't you just cut part of the adapter part if its to long?

Pickles

Pickles

using 10mm front wheel on 14mm forks post #6
i hate those top hat washer things

they are a super bitch to use if you run pegs and don't have any room to run them on the inside of a dropout

andy's nuts are the best! why don't you just cut part of the adapter part if its to long?
1)Ive installed them on a bunch of pegs,no problem. hint 1: Elmers glue,use it and stick the peg and adaptor together,then when you want to take it off,since theyre metal,the elmers wont take a big load,and it comes right off.

hint 2: put the peg on,THEN the adaptor,THEN the bolt.

2)Why would you run them on the inside of the dropout?

3)why would you take the hassle of cutting them when you can use top hats?

if youre unhappy about the top hat washers,which I have had no problems with and never heard of any problems with them until now....then the spacers on Albes that I posted up are pretty cool.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

using 10mm front wheel on 14mm forks post #7
primo's andy's nuts are a good idea,but I dont like them. the adaptor part is too long,so you have to space it out a ton.
not if you shorten them. i took a hacksaw to mine and shortened the adapter part that sticks out, filed it smooth and now it works great. i also sawed off about 1/4" off the end of the nut because they are so wide. now my rear hub axle nuts stick out about as far as a gsport hub.

The Radness

The Radness

using 10mm front wheel on 14mm forks post #8
1)Ive installed them on a bunch of pegs,no problem. hint 1: Elmers glue,use it and stick the peg and adaptor together,then when you want to take it off,since theyre metal,the elmers wont take a big load,and it comes right off.

hint 2: put the peg on,THEN the adaptor,THEN the bolt.

2)Why would you run them on the inside of the dropout?

3)why would you take the hassle of cutting them when you can use top hats?

if youre unhappy about the top hat washers,which I have had no problems with and never heard of any problems with them until now....then the spacers on Albes that I posted up are pretty cool.

1. glue is a good idea i guess, but i didn't have trouble with that

2. my top hats weren't long enough to go through a peg and into the fork, and i had shadow little ones

uhm 2 again i guess? because if you run it between the peg and drop out the top hat isn't the same diameter of the peg, so the extra stress caused the top hat to smush, and it just got worse

3. i have a grinder, it takes me a minute to cut through both adapters and have them back on the bike

i hate top hats, sorry dude
i'd rather have a full nut for an adapter rather a little spacer, plus those things like to try and spin out of the dropout when you tighten them

Last edited:

New Topics