[USA] Economic Bailout Plan?

• Discuss [USA] Economic Bailout Plan? in the Politics and World Issues forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; i got this in an e-mail earlier today. sounds good to me! [QUOTE]I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG. Instead, I'm in favor of... ...
Q

Quen

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #1
i got this in an e-mail earlier today. sounds good to me!

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billion that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.

A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( 'vote buy' ) economic incentive that is being proposed
by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can 'never work.'

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion

We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.
cliff notes: liquidate AIG and give about $297,500 for every citizen over 18.

Chris

Chris

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #2
that's a brilliant plan. but can you honestly see your government giving you that sort of money? they'd rather give it to the banks.

Samirol

Samirol

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #3
We could cut a check to every single American for $2300.

We could cut a check to every single American living under the poverty line for $17,000.

We will cut a check to every single American in the top half of one percent for $500,000.

Q

Quen

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #4
that's a brilliant plan. but can you honestly see your government giving you that sort of money? they'd rather give it to the banks.
no. they would never do it, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

We could cut a check to every single American for $2300.

We could cut a check to every single American living under the poverty line for $17,000.

We will cut a check to every single American in the top half of one percent for $500,000.
how?

Samirol

Samirol

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #5
Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #6
Okay say they did.
THROW that muchc money at the majority of people and they will spend MOST of it poorly.

Way to look up and think everyone is responsble enough to handle money, but i feel if that was to be done it would create a farther plumeting economy.

Why not put that money DIRECTLY into those things? Why does the high school grad of 18 deserve that money?
Why does the man who wasted his money of meth and later became homeless as a direct result deserve that money?

Sure it would work on a fairy tale island where everyone is honest and looking to better themselves, but frankly everyone is not.

My main question why do you feel throwing huge ammounts of money at someone will help them out?

Temporary fixes is why the U.S.A. is in such a bad finaical state.

( I do know the o.g. poster is not the one who wrote this up.)

Samirol

Samirol

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #7
You're right, lets give it to the people that caused this mess in the first place, they were responsible with our economy weren't they. Truly, if anyone deserves the money, it is the bankers that said "**** it, we're going balls to the wall" and ****ed everything. :lol:

edit: Figure I should probably clarify my position on this, the unpaid mortgages are a cancer on our system, and we have to remove it somehow. However, since this entire debacle is a result of loosened regulation until the Clinton and Bush administrations, then regulation has to be put in place, and Paulson has to be accountable for his actions with the money. Right now, there is a cop-out clause that says that he can do whatever he wants with the money, and isn't subject to any review of his actions. If he wanted to, he could buy hire blackwater and outfit them with tanks to bring on a communist revolution.

The U.S is in a bad state because the people that think government is bad are in charge of the government. 2 very expensive and unnecessary wars, racking up tons of debt, irresponsibility and unfettered laissez-faire capitalism have gotten us in this mess.

Last edited:
Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #8
^^^
Am I saying that either?

Maybe read my post.

Samirol

Samirol

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #9
^^^
Am I saying that either?

Maybe read my post.
I was saying it jokingly, hence the use of the abomination of a smiley that has very flexible upper lip muscles.

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #10
^^^
Okay thank, you sorry, I just think in any political debate, so it be on the internet or in person that it's a serious topic.

Zero Cool

Zero Cool

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #11
Another problem to add to the list: The Federal Reserve is about as "federal" as FedEx.

Can anyone say fascism?

Samirol

Samirol

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #12
Another problem to add to the list: The Federal Reserve is about as "federal" as FedEx.

Can anyone say fascism?
I don't think you understand what fascism means

Zero Cool

Zero Cool

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #13
I think I do.

"Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." -Benito Mussolini

It doesn't get any easier to understand than that.

Samirol

Samirol

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #14
I consider the dictionary a better source for definitions of words, and it is when the state has strict control over social and economic matters. The market controls the government, not the other way around in the United States.

Zero Cool

Zero Cool

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #15
So Mussolini didn't know what fascism is either?

The US is by no means a fascist country, but it is being introduced.

Samirol

Samirol

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #16
So Mussolini didn't know what fascism is either?
Only going off of the statement above, I would say he has the incorrect definition of fascism. It is becoming authoritarian, but not fascist, since the U.S has a free market fetish.

R

RevShawn

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #17
Only going off of the statement above, I would say he has the incorrect definition of fascism. It is becoming authoritarian, but not fascist, since the U.S has a free market fetish.
What the hell is a free market fetish?????

We are in this situation because of government intervention. The government cannot create wealth, only redistribute it. The market creates wealth, fact of economics.

This bail out is like having an arsonist put out a fire that he started, with more fire.

These "banks" should be left to fail and file for bankruptcy, sell the assets, including the 4-5% of mortgages that are in default. The stock market will come down, but it will come down to real value, its called a market adjustment, it has to happen.

look into the Austrian School of economics, and vote for the Constitution Party. The people that broke the system are now trying to fix it with more of what broke it - Government Intervention.

Get rid of the Federal Reserve and go back to the Gold Standard, and vote these idiots out of office.

Rev

Samirol

Samirol

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #18
First off, the Constitution Party. It goes from sane to insane:

* Overturn Roe v. Wade. (Jul 2008.)
* God begins human life at fertilization. (May 2008.)
* Abortion is America's national holocaust. (May 2008.)
* Supports Sanctity of Life Act, defining fetus as person. (Apr 2008.)
* Parents should take kids to church & pray with them. (Jun 2008.)
* End international meddling of the New World Order. (May 2008.)
* No US participation in United Nations or world court. (May 2008.)
* End foreign aid (May 2008.)
* No North American Union; no NAFTA Superhighway. (May 2008.)
* Don't merge US into North American Community. (May 2008.)
* Out of the UN, NAFTA, and NATO. (May 2008.)
*Repeal the 14th amendment
*Believes that "homosexualists" have taken over the Republican Party and the the Republican elephant isn't red, "it's pink".
*Baldwin has also attacked the feminist movement, which he believes has moved women from a position of being "nurturers and helpmeets" to "a place of independence from, and even lordship over," their husbands. He believes that men have a "natural headship" over the family
*He also wrote that "a large number of young girls today are themselves sexual predators" and asked "For example, is it proper for a 15-year-old girl (who is built like a 20-year-old) to show her endowment at will without expecting a natural reaction from the object of her entrapment? Are boys the only ones who must exercise self-restraint? Do the standards of decent behavior apply only to the male gender? Does a loose, immoral teenage girl bear any responsibility for her conduct and dress? Do the parents of this teenage Delilah bear any responsibility for her sluttish behavior and attire?"

I'm not even going to go into the stupidity of the gold standard, because if you don't understand why it is terrible, then it would be like trying to explain algebra to a 3 year old.

T

Trimix

[USA] Economic Bailout Plan? post #19
Let's call our method of government "friendly fascism" :)

New Topics