Upgrades!

• Discuss Upgrades! in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hello everyone i had made up my mind getting the Stolen Wrap. Is there any minor upgrades that can be done for under $100.00? I was thinking of... ...
I

idontknow312

Upgrades! post #1
Hello everyone i had made up my mind getting the Stolen Wrap. Is there any minor upgrades that can be done for under $100.00?

I was thinking of replacing the stock grips with some Animal Edwin signature grips (under $15.00). Is there any need to replace the pegs that came with the bike?

M

Molesrkool

Upgrades! post #2
no need to replace the pegs

some parts you may dislike are

seat
pedals
brake levers
handlebars

as they are the ones you mainly feel and if you dont like the feel of them it can make it all very uncomfortable

(in general, not that bike)

F

flybikesDale

Upgrades! post #3
cranks if it only comes with 1 piece change to 3 piece .

I

idontknow312

Upgrades! post #4
Are "Demolitions" products good? I want some stuff from them like their pedal and seat.

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

Upgrades! post #5
Are "Demolitions" products good? I want some stuff from them like their pedal and seat.
demo is good they make good parts and are a good company if you like the pedals go for it and the seat should be fine if you like it but if your open to suggestions i can tell you personally the shadow slim seats are the only comfortable slim seats

get animal edwins but remember to put them on straight i just trashed my pair in 2 weeks cuz when i put em on they were twisted(diamonds ddnt line up) and now i have a huge hole great grips tho its my second pair and i was just antsy to go riding again and ddnt wait to air compress them on

stick with the bars for now and you will know weather you like them or not usually on your first bike u dont really realise i had 7.5 stock bars and when i picked up S&M divebars it felt strange at first but after like a week they were so much better

I

idontknow312

Upgrades! post #6
demo is good they make good parts and are a good company if you like the pedals go for it and the seat should be fine if you like it but if your open to suggestions i can tell you personally the shadow slim seats are the only comfortable slim seats

get animal edwins but remember to put them on straight i just trashed my pair in 2 weeks cuz when i put em on they were twisted(diamonds ddnt line up) and now i have a huge hole great grips tho its my second pair and i was just antsy to go riding again and ddnt wait to air compress them on

stick with the bars for now and you will know weather you like them or not usually on your first bike u dont really realise i had 7.5 stock bars and when i picked up S&M divebars it felt strange at first but after like a week they were so much better
For sure you can suggest other brands and stuff. That would be great!

seanmcguire

seanmcguire

Upgrades! post #7
if you don't know what you should upgrade, then you should ride it for a while and upgrade what you see fit. You can't upgrade what you don't know. If you don't have any idea how stupid you sound, listen to this:

Your 16, you just got your license, and just bought a new car. Do you go on a car forum and ask what engine you should get (multiple opinions), what seat covers? No, you should figure out what you like before you upgrade.

I

idontknow312

Upgrades! post #8
if you don't know what you should upgrade, then you should ride it for a while and upgrade what you see fit. You can't upgrade what you don't know. If you don't have any idea how stupid you sound, listen to this:

Your 16, you just got your license, and just bought a new car. Do you go on a car forum and ask what engine you should get (multiple opinions), what seat covers? No, you should figure out what you like before you upgrade.
I guess your right. Then again think about it as this way what happens if something broke a 2 months later? I would atleast have something to replace it instead of going to the American side and buying some replacment for it (Canadian tax are too much especialy when they are thinking of adding another tax. F.Y.I. it is already 14% here!).

Something in America say coast $11.99 it would coast double of it in Canada without including the tax.

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

Upgrades! post #9

ya but if you get an idea of what alot of people like and give it a shot its chances are better to be better than the stock items and also you save on shipping because its one order

seanmcguire

seanmcguire

Upgrades! post #10
lol or you can use the codes for free shipping....

KoolAidGuy

KoolAidGuy

Upgrades! post #11
if i were you, the only thing i would upgrade on the bike is (in order), seatpost, cable, and pedals

the seatpost that comes with the stolen wrap and many other stock bikes suck because they strip real easy and are a 2 pc seatpost

stock cables suck too, especially since your running a straight cable

and the pedals that come with stock bikes are normally wellgos, they are ok but lose grip after a while

what i suggest is

http://www.danscomp.com/473052.php?cat=PARTS
http://www.danscomp.com/465056.php?cat=PARTS
http://www.danscomp.com/489037.php?cat=PARTS

only 40 bucks and you have 60 bucks to save on anything else later on
i dont recommend replacing everything yet besides the seatpost because the stock cable and pedals still work
and i would order the grips too so when your other ones wear down or you just dont like them you can replace them right away with out waiting

Last edited:
K

KingTate

Upgrades! post #12
Ok, not to highjack his thread, but im thinking about ordering a Eastern Battery, and I know about the frame and stuff, Ill upgrade that later. But what other parts would suck that I could order with it like he is?

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

Upgrades! post #13
also, buy possibly new tyres... stock ones never last my friend other only upgrade minor things then spend the rest on what ever, don't spend ever bit of your money on your bike. I airsoft and do army cadets aswell so i have to hand the money out quite quickly.

I

idontknow312

Upgrades! post #14
also, buy possibly new tyres... stock ones never last my friend other only upgrade minor things then spend the rest on what ever, don't spend ever bit of your money on your bike. I airsoft and do army cadets aswell so i have to hand the money out quite quickly.
LOL you in army cadet? I use to be in air cadet but my division sucks monkey balls. It was probably the worst ever! Still got the uniform i havent returned it in like 2 years lol...

Yea i like the stuff Koolaidguy showed me under 40 bucks. Thats all im going to get so far and the grips the rest i will buy later on. Like other people said u dont feel the difference at first. Thank you guys all for the info it has helped me i hope you ladies and gentlemen have a fun time RIDE'N!

turndown

turndown

Upgrades! post #15
wrong section.

whiteboybk

whiteboybk

Upgrades! post #16
If youre going to spend another hundred just get a stolen heist. Much better bike for the money.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Upgrades! post #17
If the Wrap comes with the Cell bars then you really don't need to switch' em. They're great bars.

I

idontknow312

Upgrades! post #18
If youre going to spend another hundred just get a stolen heist. Much better bike for the money.
Actully yea with all the upgrades i was going to get it was just $9.00 more to get the Stolen Heist. What does the Stolen Heist has that the Stolen Wrap doesnt just all stock? It seems like the Stolen Heist has better everything. But is the Stolen Heist all sealed like the Stolen Wrap? Also is it 100% Chromo?

Coast of the Stolen Wrap with tax included

Stolen Wrap - $345.59
Odyssey Liner Cable - $9.71
Shadow Conspiracy Mean Lite Seat Post - $23.75
Animal Edwin Delarosa grips - $11.87
Shadow Conspiracy Slim Seat - $26.99
Total - $422.91

Stolen Heist - $431.99
Total - $431.99

Last edited:
whiteboybk

whiteboybk

Upgrades! post #19
Yes you do get get a full chromoly frame.
The heist has a sealed headset, smaller gearing, double wall rims It's lighter...etc

Last edited:
KoolAidGuy

KoolAidGuy

Upgrades! post #20
the heist has a 1pc seatpost which is good, 1pc driver so it doesnt come loose,doublewall rims, better brake set up (tech 77 lever and hombre brakes), smaller sprocket

if you can i would get it but the stolen wrap is good too if you wanna save money, i just wouldnt waste my money upgrading the seat right away

New Topics