Upgrade or buy a new complete

• Discuss Upgrade or buy a new complete in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I've been riding a couple of months now and I am tired of riding my shitty Diamondback Skindog. So I was wondering would it be best to upgrade some... ...
B

Buckwheet

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #1
I've been riding a couple of months now and I am tired of riding my shitty Diamondback Skindog. So I was wondering would it be best to upgrade some parts on my diamondback or should I save up for a whole new bike. I was thinking of the premium solo. http://www.danscomp.com/101001.php?cat=BIKES It seems like a great bike in my price range. Suggestions?

E RaK

E RaK

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #2
That is a great bike for the price

full chromoly frame

only drawback is the sort of big gearing compared dto the normal but its no big deal

J

Jak

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #3
id say get a new complete and over time slowly do it up :) what i did and i dont regret it :)

JMcdonell

JMcdonell

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #5
B

Buckwheet

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #6
theboss7

theboss7

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #7
go with the premium
its 100% chromoly while the fit's top tube is just chromoly

JMcdonell

JMcdonell

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #8
fit's 2 pounds lighter though haha.

HobosRck

HobosRck

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #9
fit's 2 pounds lighter though haha.
And will break twice as fast. I think you should ride the skindog until you break something big, and then just buy a new complete. I had a skindog and it wasn't too bad, especially if your still a beginner.

misterbryan

misterbryan

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #10
D

dawson

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #11
Defo get a decent new complete, then you arnt rushed to upgrade it! just up as u please.

I started on a piece of shit bike and everytime i learnt something new something would break, was a nightmare riding with bent forks, bent handlebars and eventually bent frame... and i had a shattered bottom bracket crunching around, that bike lasted 4 months from beginner to ... beginner

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #12
Take a good look at hoffman
They are making damn nice bikes for cheap
ive had 3 of the 07s and they were great
i dont know about the 08s but the 09s
looks even better

chevelle1972

chevelle1972

Upgrade or buy a new complete post #13
i started on a DB venom and am still rideing it. i have an 07 and its pretty good. when i get the money im getting a lbue kink whip fomr dans

New Topics