unsealed odyssey pedals

• Discuss unsealed odyssey pedals in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; yet another thread by me, im changing alot on my bike while i cant ride. im thinking about buying some gold trailmixes at my lbs, but theyre unsealed... ...
G

gtbmx0222

unsealed odyssey pedals post #1
yet another thread by me, im changing alot on my bike while i cant ride.
im thinking about buying some gold trailmixes at my lbs, but theyre unsealed.
i have owned unsealed pedals before, they werent horrible, but i dont want the same experience. how do odyssey's jim c's (almost the same as trailmixes) unsealed bearings hold up? long time? shit?

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

unsealed odyssey pedals post #2
i don't think sealed pedals will be worth the investment. the body wears down or the spindle will bend before the bearings on a sealed pedal ever wear out.

K

Karl H. Marx

unsealed odyssey pedals post #3
The gold wears off really quick.

My friends gold trailmixess are silver now..they're about 4 months old.

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

unsealed odyssey pedals post #4
I love sealed pedals.... can't stand unsealed. There's the point that jw has raised, but the fact that sealed don't come loose, don't need servicing, don't end up spining all the time outweighs the issues of bends / breaks, seeing as I've only ever once in my BMX life bend a pedal axle.... and the pedals were unsealed anyway!

:)

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

unsealed odyssey pedals post #5
I have the Blood Trailmixes
Ive grinded on mine and they're really nice
but the paint does wear off, but thats expeted for pedals meant for trails really.

Superbeast

Superbeast

unsealed odyssey pedals post #6
Spring for sealed off of dans. Worth the investment. They last a really long time and say the spindle bends, its a lot easier to replace it than a unsealed pedal. Trust me, i've done it.

E

EasternFoLife

unsealed odyssey pedals post #7
I hate unsealed. Im gettin new pedals friday and they will be sealed. But i hear bad and good things about both.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

unsealed odyssey pedals post #8
i really want some of those new plastic JC's. they make the sealed/unsealed question obsolete.

jimbosz07

jimbosz07

unsealed odyssey pedals post #9
well if you ride dirt/trails im sure theyl probably be awful but ive run unsealed oddy jim c's on my bike for a little over a year and a half. ive left it out in the rain(not on purpose. dont get mad....) and ive ridden dirt jumps maybe 5 or 6 times since then. the bearings are smoother then a babies ass. really surprised me that theyve lasted this long but im really pleased. at this rate theyll last me forever....... odyssey musta done somethin right when they made the bearings

G

gtbmx0222

unsealed odyssey pedals post #10
yeah, that was my main issue is that unsealed pedals' bearings just feel like...idk, like grimy or dirty to me.
but yeah, i did bend the right pedal spindle on my unsealed strickers (i HATE those things now.).

New Topics