Undecided, which bike????????

• Discuss Undecided, which bike???????? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; 1st post this one guys, so Hello to you all!!!! Was into BMX heavily a couple of years ago but dew to work/grlfrd commitments things have died down... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx federal bikes mongoose parts
E

Evy

Undecided, which bike???????? post #1
1st post this one guys, so Hello to you all!!!!

Was into BMX heavily a couple of years ago but dew to work/grlfrd commitments things have died down since. Last bike I had was a Diamond Back Mr Lucky, before that i had a KHE beater. Both bikes were brilliant. but im lookin for something to replace it, im torn between

- 2004 GT BUMP
- 2004 MONGOOSE MENACE
- FLET ETHIC
- FREE AGENT TRAIL DUSTER

All are around the £150- £170 mark, your views on these would be appreciated or if you think there are any other worthy alternatives let me know cheers.

EVY 8)

E

Evy

Undecided, which bike???????? post #2
Completley changed my mind since lunch.. its now down to...

2004 - Mongoose Expert
2004 - Federal Foundation

Wotcha reckon?

Oh and guys i need your views sharpish cos im decidin 2nite!!

Evy

RuLe

RuLe

Undecided, which bike???????? post #3
mongoose expert my friend has and it came with profile cranks and some really good parts. i no the federal bikes are good but never seen one (ino one here buys them or sells them) so i cant tell you about them

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Undecided, which bike???????? post #4
without a doubt a federal foundation, in fact you would be a fool not to buy it, it is one of (if not the) best compleate on the bmx market for its price.

S

slappyslapnuts

Undecided, which bike???????? post #5
No bike above 350 complete (gbp) has even close to the same part quality ( i myself had one after long ammounts of deliberation) you dont have to replace any parts it ****ing rocks hard (i have replaced a few things like grips and pedals but that was personal preferance + had em lyin around)

F

federal_rider12

Undecided, which bike???????? post #6
definitely the foundation.

i was about to say, because of your first decisions, to go and find your DB mr lucky and ride it.

W

William

Undecided, which bike???????? post #7
Mongoose's suck! get federal there better, and they last longer.

E

Evy

Undecided, which bike???????? post #8
Hey Guys

Thanks for all your comments, decided to go for the Federal Foundation in white. I ordered it from All Terrain Cycles in West Yorkshire and should be with me next week sometime.... Cant wait! Ill take some pics when i get it so you lot can hava looksie.

Cheers

Evy

E

Evy

Undecided, which bike???????? post #9
Actually correcting myslef ive changed my order to black as the white 1s are not currently avaible and could take up2 a month to come in!!

W

wacko_jacko

Undecided, which bike???????? post #10
hmmm ive looked at that mongoose expert and im thinking of getting that now THANKS EVY how much is that is it still around the £150-£200?

E

Evy

Undecided, which bike???????? post #11
Still waitin...... :? for it.....

Should be with me sometime next week hopefully.

I did breifly test ride a mongoose expert b4 i bought the Federal, the list price is around £230 i think altough All Terrain Cycles in West Yorkshire were doin it 4 £207.

I found it ok.. had 3pc, 4130 frame everything you'd want really. just wernt that special.

E

Evy

Undecided, which bike???????? post #12
Just an Update really...

There mugging me off abit with the deilvery date. but ive demanded to have it buy nxt weekend they said no problem.. we'll wait and see.

Ill post pics up when its here..

E

Evy

Undecided, which bike???????? post #13
Hey every1

Finally it has come!!!

They delivered it 7:30am yesterday morning.. bloody lovin it. Everything i could want really.

Good quality parts, feels solid, very flickable and well balanced. Just gotta cut the bars down 2nite..

Did have a problem with the Crank flicking although i presume as it is new things needs to wear in, and a quick tighten up of a crank bolt fixed the probelm..

Definatley recomend it to any1 looking for a new bike.. There a nice bunch of guys too.. very helpful and have sent me numerous things in the post.

Its raining today, but that wont stop me :twisted:

Pictures to follow 2nite

New Topics