[UK] guitar: Boss ME-50 multi effects pedal, good price

• Discuss [UK] guitar: Boss ME-50 multi effects pedal, good price in the Europe forum in area BMX-Forum Community; 1 year old Boss ME-50 multi effects pedal, never been gigged, just home use, boxed with manual 2 problems, the LCD does not actually work, but the... ...
Biggles

Biggles

[UK] guitar: Boss ME-50 multi effects pedal, good price post #1
1 year old Boss ME-50 multi effects pedal, never been gigged, just home use, boxed with manual

2 problems, the LCD does not actually work, but the only thing it displays is the pitch for the harmonizer but you can do that by ear, and it's used for the tuner, the good news is the LCD lights still work for the tuner so as long as you know what note the string is or you can keep track of the notes if you're tuning down, the tuner is still very much functional

also the pedal does not seem to switch into wah-mode very well, it will occassionally but i think it's safe to declare it non-functional, but it does work as a volume pedal which is it's default function, you usually have to press the pedal down hard to switch it into wah/pitch/mod mode, and to be honest, the wah could be a lot better

has a LOT of functions:
24 distortion types, with drive, bottom, tone, and level adjustments.

chorus, stereo chorus 1 and 2, phaser, flanger, harmonist, tremelo, pan, vibrato, uni-v, rotate, with rate/key, depth/harmony, e.level/resonance adjustments

several delay time settings, slow echo, pan, space pan, reverse, hold, and tap tempo with time, feedback, and e.level adjustments

these 3 sections have an independant pedal for each

then some parameters that effect the sound overral:
tone modify with fat, presence, mild, tight, enhance, single->humbucker, humbucker->single, humbucker->phase, hollow and acoustic settings

compressor with sustain and level settings

noise gate with threshold setting

reverb with room, hall, spring and mod settings

master volume level

and buttons for saving settings

connections include DC in, external foot switch, aux in, line/phones, L [mono] and R amp outputs, and an input

it's still a pedal with an enormous amount of functions, and the tuner was the primary function for the LCD display and you can still use the tuner very effectively anyway, and the wah could've been better to be honest so losing the use of the pedal really wasn't much of an issue at all

bought for £180 new

£75 posted

Last edited:

New Topics