[News] UK BIKE CO Prototypes

• Discuss UK BIKE CO Prototypes in the BMX News forum in area BMX-Forum Community; just saw all this on pijin forum... have some interesting stuff. [QUOTE]... ...
Chris

Chris

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #1
just saw all this on pijin forum...

have some interesting stuff.

Hey again hows everyone ? Here another sneak peek at UK Bike co products hope you enjoy

Here we have the brake weighting in at 114 g its also has bearings for smoother breaking

Next we have the Gyro its a cross between the Odyssey GTX-R and the Snafu Astro gyro

Teflon bearing housed inside the gyro so you can see it weighting in at 33g

the gyro is coming out in many different colours black(not shown), blue, red and tangerine

i run one of the gyro set ups and i find its better than the GTX-R and the Astro and they retail and a fair price not out yet unfortunately but they will be soon il keep you all posted on any new developments from UKBike co so until then lets get out and ride
Hey people heres a sneak peek of some new prototype cranks from UKbikeco

here you can see that the axle have a machined cut out so that they can lock together.

here you see how they go together don't worry there is a bolt that goes inside the cranks to lock them both together

+

then here you go cranks lock together its a 19 mm axle and weights in 736 g lighter than the wombolts

Ukbikeco also do a lighter set of cranks weighting in a 712g no picture can be provided at this moment in time sorry

Hey people its Pirate dan Hows is everyone ?

here are some new products from Ukbikeco

here is the new stem weighting in at 210 g

now we have the interesting design of the forks (see below)

crazy light weight forks

darren block
"been working on this splinned idea for a while now andim not just going to stop at forks i have samples on the way to me now,iv got to add that the cut out on the forks are just to show the working inside the fork and will not be made with the cut outs and we are going to remodify the dropouts coz we dont really like our first idea, but its early days yet."

thankyou for reading il be looking forward to hearing about what you think

Interesting do you think not?

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #2
wow some good looking shizz coming out

H

Hermes

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #3
nice im happy

K

koroshko

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #4
wtf is with that crank design

Chris

Chris

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #6
ever miss aligned your splined cranks? think this is what they're trying to get at.

Tomsimple

Tomsimple

Member of the month
UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #7
glad to see someone trying something new in the way of cranks. looks like it could work well. i like everything except the dropouts on those forks but they are changing them

T

t1jay

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #8
primo sprigs to mind, i cant see these being very stiff to be honnest.

Mackex

Mackex

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #9
i just don't get it, why not make cranks with a one piece spindle? Just another part on your bike that's eventually going to break.

L.Bo

L.Bo

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #10
Some very awesome parts for shure, I can't wait to see the prices, the brake looks forged=cheaper, gryo= awesome andd we'll have to see if the cranks are working properly, if so there mine :D

J

Jak

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #11
the cranks look awful i can imagine them slipping so badly and the forks??!?! froks wioll be cool when the dropouts being changed i hope

L.Bo

L.Bo

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #12
i just don't get it, why not make cranks with a one piece spindle? Just another part on your bike that's eventually going to break.
Everything will EVENTUALLY break, but we'll see.

Irish

Irish

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #13
ever miss aligned your splined cranks? think this is what they're trying to get at.
it's fair to say i've never lol'd harder at cranks before.

misaligning splined cranks is not easy providing you have a brain stem. like macneil conjoineds, the idea has been tried before in the passed and has failed.

overall i hate everything bar maybe the brakes, the bearing idea seems good to me, but dont calipers without bearings work just fine? scratch that, i hate the brakes too.

and wow, even lighter forks. one of the most structurally important parts of a bmx being slimmed down even more. great.

i wish the company would save time and money and just withdraw themselves already.

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #14
I like the stem alot. that crank design is ok, but I think the joint should have deep cut teeth/splines. They just look a little small to me. Light brakes!

L.Bo

L.Bo

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #15
it's fair to say i've never lol'd harder at cranks before.

misaligning splined cranks is not easy providing you have a brain stem. like macneil conjoineds, the idea has been tried before in the passed and has failed.

overall i hate everything bar maybe the brakes, the bearing idea seems good to me, but dont calipers without bearings work just fine? scratch that, i hate the brakes too.

and wow, even lighter forks. one of the most structurally important parts of a bmx being slimmed down even more. great.

i wish the company would save time and money and just withdraw themselves already.
Oh no!!! It's different, lets diced right now that we hate them and that they won't work...

K

Karl H. Marx

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #16
Is it just me or is the stem almost exactly the same as an eastern deceptikon?

Valvecap

Valvecap

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #17
the scales ruined the products. Only the stem looks interesting

B

ben

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #18
Sigh.....

Solving problems that don't exist?

D

dutchidiot

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #19
uk bike co is crazy, but in a good way.

id love to see the crank idea work out awesome, but thb im a bit sceptic.

Irish

Irish

UK BIKE CO Prototypes post #20
Oh no!!! It's different, lets diced right now that we hate them and that they won't work...
chances are they wont be a profitable company, i think anyway.

i hate them because they seem to be putting the weight of their parts above the riders safety.

they claim to have come up with a million dollar super duper heat treating process that allows them to make perfectly strong 3.1 pound frames. odyssey have been constantly pushing heat treating technology in bmx for more than 10 years, if they havent come up with this "miracle treatment" my guess is that UKbikeco havent either.

and just look at the cranks ffs. why would you even use a system like that? as ben said a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.

also, they are owned by a large corporation called avocet sports that make shitty coyote bmx's.

in fact the same guy who designed the coyote bmxs designed the UKbikeco frames:

This Darren Block?

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/29280/BM...t-BMX-shortage

http://www.avocetsports.com/BMX08/index.html

the UKBikeCo website is registered to the same Manchester address as Avocet Sports
so yeah, thats why i hate them. capiche?

New Topics