UK Banks to lend you your own money

• Discuss UK Banks to lend you your own money in the Politics and World Issues forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; [B][COLOR=#0800a3][FONT=Georgia]BANKS TO LEND YOU YOUR OWN MONEY [/FONT][/COLOR][/B] THE government is to invest £50bn of your money in British banks... ...
S

Smickus

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #1
BANKS TO LEND YOU YOUR OWN MONEY
THE government is to invest £50bn of your money in British banks so they can lend it back to you with interest.

The historic move is being hailed as a lifeline for the financial system as long as nobody asks too many questions.

Julian Cook, chief economist at Corbett and Barker, said: "The government will give your money to the banks so the banks can start lending you that money, probably at around 7% APR.

"Thanks to all the interest you're paying on your own money, the banks will make billions of pounds again and normality will be restored.

"After a few years of this the government will cash in the banks shares it bought with your money and use the profits to build a huge ****ing dome somewhere."

He added: "In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot."

Chancellor Alistair Darling said the decision had been taken in tandem with the banking industry, adding: "They used a lot of dirty words I'd never heard before and one of them had an angry looking dog."

Meanwhile, Emma Bradford, a sales manager from Bath, said: "Why doesn't the government just give my money to me so I can buy stuff from businesses who will then make a profit and put it in a bank?"

But Mr Darling insisted: "Shut up."

K

Karl H. Marx

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #4
Yea.

Something to do with the local councils having their money in those banks.

B

ben

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #5
you call it fake news but its pretty much exactly whats happening

fit bike co

fit bike co

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #6
interesting...but ur avatar sux smickus ^^

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #7
Samirol

Samirol

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #8

I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of hedge fund managers were sitting around and this actually happened

billytalentisshweet

billytalentisshweet

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #9
This thread pwns.

PY

PY

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #10
Back on topic, it's so true. I like to see it as throwing a butt load of styrofoam on a sinking ship to try and keep it afloat, no matter how much money they pump back in something is going to fail - confidence of the people, the banks just collapsing in on themselves etc. The government isn't making the situation any better to be perfectly honest and it's just pissing people off.

In lighter news, Freddos here are still 10p.

B

ben

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #11
but PY this ship has to stay afloat

PY

PY

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #12
Yep for capitalism to work it does have to stay afloat.

But the question is, will it?

B

ben

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #13
well inevitably, no, I highly doubt we'll be out of this problem anytime soon.

excuse me for sounding dumb, but what have the banks done with all the money they originally had?

PY

PY

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #14
It's all gone into those dirty loans, the ones which people just couldn't pay back. As soon as you start dissasembling the loans and selling them on, stuff gets so complicated that inevitably it all just falls apart.

B

ben

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #15
so the whole markets collapsing because normal people can't afford their mortgages? and these mortgages were given due to a competitive market? its the banks fault for giving the mortgages and they should be capable of planning ahead and realising they couldnt maintain the deals given

J

JonMack

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #16
Is this perhaps the start of hyperinflation?

S

skari4

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #17
I just know that all banks around the world are collapsing. Gordon Brown didn't help iceland much with his rash decisions and because of him the biggest bank in Iceland(Kaupthing) is bankrupt. Kaupthing stated that they could go on without financial help from the central bank of Iceland. Brown froze Kaupthings estates in Britain or something like that because of some bad translation(was misinterpreted) of an interview on an icelandic show(hard to explain in english for me). As that happens everything collapses here and the Icelandic Financial Supervisory Authority has to take over all the big banks in Iceland. I'm a bit concerned with whats happening here. Four of my pals from work just got fired and many people are loosing jobs for an example in just one bank there are 500 people getting fired, thats a lot out of 320.000 people and thats just one bank out of 3.

I don't know how things are in the UK but this is what is happening in Iceland.

PY

PY

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #18
I just know that all banks around the world are collapsing. Gordon Brown didn't help iceland much with his rash decisions and because of him the biggest bank in Iceland(Kaupthing) is bankrupt. Kaupthing stated that they could go on without financial help from the central bank of Iceland. Brown froze Kaupthings estates in Britain or something like that because of some bad translation(was misinterpreted) of an interview on an icelandic show(hard to explain in english for me). As that happens everything collapses here and the Icelandic Financial Supervisory Authority has to take over all the big banks in Iceland. I'm a bit concerned with whats happening here. Four of my pals from work just got fired and many people are loosing jobs for an example in just one bank there are 500 people getting fired, thats a lot out of 320.000 people and thats just one bank out of 3.

I don't know how things are in the UK but this is what is happening in Iceland.

Icelandic banks have been having serious problems for a long time now, it's not good enough to blame it on Gordon Brown (as terrible a PM as he may be).

But the same things will happen over here, people will start to panic and suddenly we have a new depression.

Germany faced the same problems a while back, hyper inflation led to people literally hauling wheelbarrows full of cash to buy a loaf of bread!

S

skari4

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #19
Icelandic banks have been having serious problems for a long time now, it's not good enough to blame it on Gordon Brown (as terrible a PM as he may be).

But the same things will happen over here, people will start to panic and suddenly we have a new depression.

Germany faced the same problems a while back, hyper inflation led to people literally hauling wheelbarrows full of cash to buy a loaf of bread!
yeah i know he didn't cause it but he made it a lot worse. David Oddsson(ex.PM now Chairman of Central Bank of Iceland) caused a lot damage in Iceland and wasn't fit for his job since he doesn't even have a Economic degree or anything like that. But Gordon Brown misinterpreted this interview that i mentioned before and froze all of Kaupthings estates. David Oddsson said something in the interview which made the british government think that people(in the UK) that had money in Kaupthing wouldn't get it. Economists in Iceland and Britain(London Business School) say that the British government owes Iceland billions of pounds for what happened.

I also hear now that Icelandic students in the UK are getting spit on and all kinds of stuff and are afraid to say that they are from Iceland. Teachers have been talking about these "****ing Icelanders"(Not in these exact words but you get it) and hating on the Icelandic people.
Any of you guys noticing that?

G

goldendragon

UK Banks to lend you your own money post #20
Anybody feel this sense of impending doom?

New Topics