Two questions: Hub Guards / Innertubes

• Discuss Two questions: Hub Guards / Innertubes in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ok, I don't know how a hub guard goes on or anthing, but I've just started grind and I watched a few vidoes to get some tips on it. A few guys were... ...
L

leshii

Two questions: Hub Guards / Innertubes post #1
Ok, I don't know how a hub guard goes on or anthing, but I've just started grind and I watched a few vidoes to get some tips on it. A few guys were running hub guards, and this seems like a good idea since I could potentially screw up something. Do most riders run these, and I just haven't noticed, and do they weigh much?

Also, my friend and I have blown quite a few innertubes in the past week. We don't have a LBS anywhere, so we have been using Wal-Mart brand tubes, which don't last long at all. Is there any major differences I should be checking out if I was going to order a few tubes off a mail-order site?

ozzy

ozzy

Two questions: Hub Guards / Innertubes post #2
ya if your gunna be grinding hub gaurds are a good idea. i use a coalition cog gaurd and i dont even run pegs. but it makes me feel beter when i do pedal stalls and what not. there not hard to put on and mine came with directions. and as far as inner tubes go i run walmart tubes and never blow mine out. u just have to be careful what ur ridin thru and make sure ur osi isnt too high. what kind of tires are you running?

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

Two questions: Hub Guards / Innertubes post #3
I run a Profile Hub guard at the back, probably going to get one for the front. I don't do much grinding but do lots of stalls and stuff like where you have pressure in against the hub/spokes so it makes sense.

:)

Shaun16

Shaun16

Two questions: Hub Guards / Innertubes post #4
can u put a hubgaurd on your drive side?

Minitrix

Minitrix

Two questions: Hub Guards / Innertubes post #5
Do you have rimliners? A rim without a rim liner makes short work of tubes.

L

leshii

Two questions: Hub Guards / Innertubes post #6
what kind of tires are you running?
I'm running the stock tires on the Wethepeople Addict. Kenda K-841 is the rear tire according to their website. I think I could have just had too much PSI. We were just having bad luck, because we haven't had a flat in some time.

But one more thing; my friend's tire just ripped today. The rip went around the whole tire almost, and we're both beginners, so we're not putting alot of wear on them or anything. We noticed it last night, but we rode today until it finally worn through completely. Why would this tire have ripped so easily? We don't do much, just started grinds, mostly just bunnyhop / 180 and small things like that.

L

leshii

Two questions: Hub Guards / Innertubes post #7
But I think I'm goign to pick up a couple of hub guards. What should I be looking for in a good pair? Material and weight of course, but is there anything else?

justinmeyers

justinmeyers

Two questions: Hub Guards / Innertubes post #8
But I think I'm goign to pick up a couple of hub guards. What should I be looking for in a good pair? Material and weight of course, but is there anything else?
it depends on weather you grind on drive side (the side with your chain) or not, if you grind on the chain side get a coalition cog guard http://www.albes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1799 (make sure it will fit on your bike, it is for 13t and smaller drivers, if you grind on the other side get a fbm hug guard http://www.albes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=494 for your front wheel a gsport gland is a great choice http://www.albes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1524

New Topics