Two different ways to bunny hop?

H

hightek

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #1
ok, so after doin some searchin on here and other sites i've gotten two descriptions of how to bunny hop. yes sadly i still can not do it :(
one way is to pull the front wheel up then pull up and push forward on the handlebars to bring the rear wheel in the air. the other way is to pull the front wheel in the air and then push against the pedals to raise you rear wheel. has anyone heard of the second way? if so does it work? any suggestions on how to make a bunny hop easier is appreciated.

Poseidon

Poseidon

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #2
Man

I realize it is hard for you now, and it seems like you will never get it...but just get out there and ride, because it will click. You have to train your body to move in this 'new' motion. Pull up the front bar pretty high, point your toes down, and lift with your legs...all there is to it.

P

PoserPro

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #3
wait.. theres two ways?
hrmmm...maby its a reverved bunny hop, like lifting the rear wheel in the air first...? :?:

L

likeachamp

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #4
poserpro, great point, those hops are so freakin fun to do when 180ing up a curb, or i've seen ppl do it and get on picnic tables and maual across, yeah its tight, any way back to the big pic, check it pull up the front wheel(as if popping a wheelie) before pushing down the bars dont somuch as to push down on the pedals but like push downishand back yet it sorta helps the back to come up but you gotta help that process out a lil too, then slight ly push down the bars, pushin em down donw help you get highr and deff. does not make the backwhell come up at all but it evens out the bike(helps take strain off the rear, makeing it less likely to pop, bustor whatever) i dont know i hope this helps!

S

swoLLen

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #5
actually you combine the two. when people post help for things that they can do, they usually omit things because they find them so self-evident and obvious(to them) but it never crosses other peoples minds.

to bunnyhop, you basically have to twist the pedals down when you jump, push down on them and up on the handlebars after you lift your front wheel up, and you really have to get used to jumping(or springing) up while you have your front wheel in the air and the back wheel on the ground. after you get your backwheel up, you really shouldntbe looking more for height and power at the beginning, but rather to balance the wheels out for when they hit the ground. you usually get about 2-3x more air on the back wheel than when you initially lift it off the ground after you level the bike out.

T

Trimix

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #6
I am by NO MEANS experienced, but I have got my hops up to 24". However, 30" is still hard. Someone here mentioned to me, and I have found it to be true, that the POSITION of your body just prior to hopping is the key. I use the second method (if there is only two) of pulling up on the bars first, then following by using my feet to "drag" the back end up.
It migh t help to try two tricks first, and then put them together. For instance: Try pulling up on the bars, while rolling, not pedaling...and work on getting them as HIGH as possible -- WITHOUT -- getting the bike completely vertical and having to come off it, and drop the front wheel back down softly. Once you can do that over and over and over again.......try the back wheel. While rolling slowly and NOT pedaling, lean forward and at the same time point your toes down, and drag on the pedals with your feet. (good shoes help)...I think they call this an endo or something like that. You can actually get your back wheel up pretty high. Once you can do that over and over and over, tie them both together in one quick fluid motion. I find that the front wheel height, has a lot to do with the final height of the back wheel. One thing you might consider (that I did to teach myself) is making a bar. You can use 2 x 4's upright, put nails every six inches (from 6 inches to whatever....3 feet) and use a light, 1/2" plastic pipe (like pvc) as a bar. This way as you are hopping it, and you hit it, it will fall off....and help you avoid the pain factor. If you need more details, I can be more elaborate. You can build one for about 5 bucks.

X

XIII

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #7
bunnyhops are easy (Stallion, Pro Hop)

J

jeffyim90

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #8
I just learned how to bunnyhop last friday(SOO HAPPY :eek: ). i also have read the site and crap but they dont help. So on friday i just started riding and i did a bunny hop by just point down your foot and jumping while pulling up your haddle bars and push back on the peddles. I get about 2 feet which isnt a lot but i think all beginners should start this way and move up to harder bunny hops. I hope this help, C ya, good luck.

I

infantry43RIDER

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #9
no comment.

*bang*

X

Xandrak

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #10
learned bunnyhops a month ago, but my haro's too heavy that i dont have enough energy to many each day. so far i can only bunnyhop a curb. anyone got a light frame to sell?

B

bike-king101

Two different ways to bunny hop? post #11
i recently learned to do a bunnyhop and already crossed the 1 ft mark. i also know 2 ways of doing a bunnyhop. (Bounce and Ollie) in the bounce technique you lift both your wheels up at the same time. Stand in the front area of your bike. pull your front wheel up and at the same time jump up of your pedals. you should be airborne for half a sec.

In the ollie technique, you lift your front wheel up pretty high then jump off your pedals. you should always be in the front area of your bike.

New Topics