Turndowns suck!

• Discuss Turndowns suck! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; They suck because I can't fully do them. I've been riding like 2 3/4 years and I have a pretty long trick list.. and this is one trick I don't got... ...
  • Tags bike jump turndown tweak
T

Trevor827

Turndowns suck! post #1
They suck because I can't fully do them.

I've been riding like 2 3/4 years and I have a pretty long trick list.. and this is one trick I don't got yet.. I never took the time to learn..
Everyone tells me it isn't hard but yet why can't I get it?

I get them once in awhile jumping up onto a roller, but I dont count it cause it's not a box jump. I understand you have to throw your legs infront of you and crank the bars downwards. But It's high speeds and high air that get's me. Any tips?

And please, no haters... and posers and shit f**ckin up this thread, if your not commenting on a turndown or giving usefull information don't post..
we don't wanna hear your stories

Thanks!

S

sentaafEQpovar

Turndowns suck! post #2
7udont u mean u dont wanna hear other ppls stories, cuase i like hearing stories, always nice to hear

G

Turndowns suck! post #3
man you really cant spell at all.... at least every other sentance has like 3 errors and its seriously pissing me off

H

hartattack_199

Turndowns suck! post #4
please let the man tell his stories without harassing him about his grammar

B

bruisedbob

Turndowns suck! post #5
practise. then practice, and more practise. if you can already land a few, just get it dialed and start loving turndowns. :rock:

G

Turndowns suck! post #6
i meant taht towards sentaaf.... its one of my pet peves about him

F

federal_rider12

Turndowns suck! post #7
the only thing i can say is kick the backend, sorta like the mx whips, and as soon as u think u got it tweak as far as possible turn ur bars to the back tire and tweak that u dont need all that much height but for mostly everbody it is a very fast trick u kick, turn, click, and release all in like 1 sec

G

Turndowns suck! post #8
just fly..

I

infantry43RIDER

Turndowns suck! post #9
don't say turndowns suck because you can't do them...you suck then.

PRACTICE MORE AND MORE AND MORE.

O

oibmxpunx

Turndowns suck! post #10
gey ur bike straight up and down in the air twist ur body and kick out the back of ur bike i cant see how ppl cant do them there not hard at all it only toke me a week to get them tweked out real good i can do them over every thing now

G

Turndowns suck! post #11
try jumping off a very high building...............

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Turndowns suck! post #12
I found that they are easier to learn on quarterpipes but if you are doing them over a dirt jump/box/whatever, give your brakes a tap so that your wheel stops spinning and you will find that it is now way easier to get a kick out. Then, all you have to do is crank the bars around. Pulling the brake lever also keeps it out of your pocket if you turn/spin your bars to the right or have front brakes but be sure to let go before you land. Also, make sure that your knees go to the opposite spot of where you are turning your bars (sorry i couldnt explain this last tip a little better).

Turndowns are easier for me than x-ups.

G

Turndowns suck! post #13
ooooooor.........just jump off a very high building

E

EPMD

Turndowns suck! post #14
the boob said:
ooooooor.........just jump off a very high building
and kill yourself.. great plan... i might check into that when i get depressed or just a dumb**** dope head

Rufio-Condor

Rufio-Condor

Turndowns suck! post #15
it kinda hurts, but dont get yourself hyped up about it. If you get turned down, dont worry. I'm sure you've heard the saying, there's other fish in the sea.

G

Turndowns suck! post #16
and sharks!

G

Turndowns suck! post #17
and radioactive waste.
and old boots.

New Topics