truing a wheel

• Discuss truing a wheel in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; im geting a custom wheel setup i don't know the first thing about lacing or truing i was wondering are there any sites or ppl who can help me perfect... ...
T

trailkillerje

truing a wheel post #1
im geting a custom wheel setup i don't know the first thing about lacing or truing i was wondering are there any sites or ppl who can help me perfect this skill i can take it to my bike shop but i a "do-it-yourself" tpye help would been great

btw my wheel setup is going to be,
Hubs: Atomlab Trailking hubs 48h 14mm
Spokes: black stainless brassnipples
Rims: Supra Js triples front black back chrome

also i have all winter to learn

F

federal_rider12

truing a wheel post #2
i dont know any websites and i cant explain it to you because it will get very confusing and i couldnt sit here and write that much on that but you will need a truing stand unless you have time to sit around forever holding the axle barely tighten 1 spoke the move the otherside and tighten that 1 a little then move back to the otherside to another one and keep crossing over and thats after you laced the wheel and thats a total other story but basically its a more advanced mechanic repair and a truing stand is a must or you will shot yourself before you get your wheel completely true without the stand, but i have laced and trued a wheel without a stand and it isnt perfect but close and it took me 1 hour to lace(i take my time) and then 2 days non stop of truing

wtp omen

wtp omen

truing a wheel post #3
i true my wheel between my prake pads, and i can get it pretty straight like that. not perfect, but good enough.

http://www.gsport.co.uk/tips/wheels.html
that's how to build a wheel.
it's really good and easy to follow.

F

federal_rider12

truing a wheel post #4
yeah you could do that but if your brakes are a bit off then your wheel will be off by alot revenge makes brakes that can be used as a truing stand

New Topics