truing a fly

• Discuss truing a fly in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey guys i know that when the rim goes in you loosten and if it goes out you tighten right(not sure if its the other way around) but what im trying to... ...
excess01

excess01

truing a fly post #1
hey guys i know that when the rim goes in you loosten and if it goes out you tighten right(not sure if its the other way around) but what im trying to ask is that on a fly rim what side spoke would you loosten or tighten.

excess01

excess01

truing a fly post #2
fck anybody

StreetIsTalkin

StreetIsTalkin

truing a fly post #3
what are u talking about?

S

SweetstuffHaro

truing a fly post #4
i have no idea

Gnagy

Gnagy

truing a fly post #5
Righty tighty lefty loosie

excess01

excess01

truing a fly post #6
lol guys come on forget about it but i was` talking about this "Front Wheel: If you don't have front brakes, use two zip ties around the fork legs as an indicator. If you have front brakes, you can draw the shoes closer to the rim. The area that needs to be tightened is the section that touches the brake shoe.
B. Rear Wheel: Use the brake pads as a guide. Take the chain off so you can spin the wheel without having to turn the crank.

Q

Quen

truing a fly post #7
it stays the same as on a normal rim. which ever nipple is on that side...

TrikeKid

TrikeKid

truing a fly post #8
Tighten on the side you want to pull the rim to, loosen on where you're pulling from the same amount. If you don't the thing isn't going to go anywhere or you'll end up with a couple spokes way tight.

New Topics