Trim

• Discuss Trim in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Everyone always talks about trimming their bars and seat posts, but how do you do it? What tool should I use in, in order to get a nice cut, without... ...
  • Tags bike
A

afroboy360

Trim post #1
Everyone always talks about trimming their bars and seat posts, but how do you do it? What tool should I use in, in order to get a nice cut, without bending the metal at the ends?

RuLe

RuLe

Trim post #2
electric saw and then grind the extra stuff off and then file it to make nice and soft

T

traildemon

Trim post #3
rule you dumb ass..you just go to a hardware store buy yourself a pipecutter and voila...there's nothing to it....and don't follow rule's advice...using electric appliances is more dangerous, not practical and you're more likely to cut them bad.

RuLe

RuLe

Trim post #4
Im dumb now? Thats what i did and my bike looks fine. And the cuts are straight thats why u file it real hard and grind it

if u dont got the tools go and buy something but why buy something if u got the tools to cut it already? Wasting money to cut 1 thing

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Trim post #5
All you really need is some hands and arms which happen to be connected to your torso, and a hacksaw with a metal blade (very important) you can tell it’s a metal blade by the fact that the teeth are quite small and close together.

D

Devourment 138

Trim post #6
there are about 3 ways....all explained above. personaly I would go with the pipe cutter for aluminum, and electric saw, and dremel for steel

G

Trim post #7
rule is right i use my dads power saw and it cuts my bars and seatpost fine and quick just stick the part in a vice and it cuts in a flash i dont even need to file the edges

F

federal_rider12

Trim post #8
you can use many tools, i use my dremel tool and a tough cutting wheel it cut through my primo moes bars in a couple seconds and those bars are .091 thickness, you can use like a hand metal saw, many other type of saws but in saws make sure you have a metal cutting saw not a wood saw! you can grind the saw down quickly you can even have the teeth on it break off

T

Trimix

Trim post #9
You can use different tools yes, but I agree that when dealing with 4130 bars, the sawzall works best. I tried tubing cutters, and they DO WORK....but not as well as a saw, at least for me. Cut it like 1/2 or 3/4 at a time, I have been through the 'cut them down too much' syndrome. Using a saw you of course need a vice, and need to be able to cut a straight line.

P

Pyro insaine

Trim post #10
I agree w/ Rule cause i used electric apliances to cut it down andit takes like 2 min

I cut my bars 4 my flatland bike to 20 in hella short

New Topics