"trendy" **** IT!

• Discuss "trendy" **** IT! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [B][I][U]**** THE WORD TRENDY! [/U][/I][/B]like literally **** it. no not literally but. i'm sure a lot of the people out there don't ride these... ...
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

band aid

"trendy" **** IT! post #1
**** THE WORD TRENDY!
like literally **** it.
no not literally but.
i'm sure a lot of the people out there don't ride these "trendy" parts because it is cool. they majority of people use these parts because they fit their riding style.

lets take bikerinthebuff's signature for an example.
"don't ride a freecoaster if you can't ride fakie"

i don't think anyone out there rides a freecoaster when they don't do a lot of fakieing, right.
i don't think people ride big bars because it is "trendy."
they most likely ride them to fit there style..or in my case it helps me spin and i have a lot more control and leverage. i don't ride big bars because it is cool. i think my next hub may be a freecoaster, you know why. BECAUSE I LOVE TO FAKIE! not because it is "trendy."

alright now to explain why i put "'s around trendy. because most of these things aren't actual trends.
Look at my observations: is it actually trendy?

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

"trendy" **** IT! post #2
And the whole point of this thread is......

-Edit-

And the only reason more and more people are riding a freecoaster is because its made alot of advancements and is probably going to replace cassetes, I myself want one when i have the money.

seanmcguire

seanmcguire

"trendy" **** IT! post #3
good idea for a topic, slammed seat for me means if I land tucked it wont hurt as much as a pole hitting my balls, I ride what I like, **** everybody else

Minitrix

Minitrix

"trendy" **** IT! post #4
Yeah.
I'm anti-trendy, but I still ride trendy parts. I'll explain.

Cut seatpost: Keeps seat out of the way.
Stripped seat: The seat would've looked like shit if I didn't.
Profile cranks: Got them for $20. Suck on that.
Sealed pedals: Got them for $10.

mybikesucksalot

mybikesucksalot

"trendy" **** IT! post #5
yeah from that poll it seems like the trendy thing to have is a colored frame,cassette and no ti.

but everyone says its trendy to have ti, a raw frame and a freecoaster.

people are retarded.

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

"trendy" **** IT! post #6
It's more trendy having brakes then without lol.

My bike isn't trendy its what I wanted at the time.

I would like to ask why do people hate on others that want a freecoaster to LEARN? Whats up with that since when does it matter to buy a part to LEARN on it? It's like saying you can't buy that bike, you have to learn on something else? Sorry had to get that outta the way.

T

Tricky_ab

"trendy" **** IT! post #7
Seriously, who cares what people think about people who use this part and that part that they deem trendy. Who cares about that kids sig. If he's dumb enough to think that, then he's got more in life to worry about...

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

"trendy" **** IT! post #8
True that^^

B

band aid

"trendy" **** IT! post #9
ya so i'm basically just saying that these trendy things aren't used because it is "trendy". it is because it fits a persons riding style.

like the poll says.
it would be trendy to have a bike with pegs, brakes, a slammed unstripped seat, a cassette, uncut short/medium sized bars, no ti, and a coloured frame?

almost all of that is opposite of the "trendy" things.
except for slammed seats.

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

"trendy" **** IT! post #10
Yeah.
I'm anti-trendy, but I still ride trendy parts. I'll explain.

Cut seatpost: Keeps seat out of the way.
Stripped seat: The seat would've looked like shit if I didn't.
Profile cranks: Got them for $20. Suck on that.
Sealed pedals: Got them for $10.
None of those parts / mods are terndy, are they? How is it trendy - as in its new, its a fad, its cool, its a thing ya-know - to use cranks that have been around longer than most of these kids have been on Gods green planet.

Trendy is misused and poorly understood concept and doesn't really apply to BMX IMO.

D

dirkadirka

"trendy" **** IT! post #11
i get confused a lot when people use the word trendy.

I ride pegless, brakeless, and slammed seat.

1. pegless cause my frame is lite and i dont feellike running pegs and i barely use them
2. my springs broke and im cheap and i really dont use em that uch except for rear wheel shit. which i learned brakeless
3. barspins i dont pinch, and i hate when my seat goes into my ass.

so, im prob viewed as trendy, cause in my bike of the month, the mod put trendy bike under my description.

I could care less. I ride the bike that I like and the way i set it up. It fits me perfect and im not going to ride something that doenst suit me.

get it?> gooooooooood

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics