Treatments for a bad scrape?

• Discuss Treatments for a bad scrape? in the Health and Safety forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Anyone have any good recommendations for treating a bad scrape (think flying over the bars, then skin vs. rough concrete floor). It just happened like... ...
theSANDYPANTS

theSANDYPANTS

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #1
Anyone have any good recommendations for treating a bad scrape (think flying over the bars, then skin vs. rough concrete floor). It just happened like 15 minutes ago, and still bleeding. While the wound is still fresh, I'd like to know what's the best cream or whatever I can do to make it heal fast and lessen the chance of a scar? (I know the scar part will be almost impossible, but you know what I mean...)

Thanks for any kind of help. Fast replies would be wonderful as well. :)

I know I didn't use the Search function, because I kind of need something instantly... so I apologize for that if this has been brought up tons of times.

SDriot

SDriot

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #2
lemon juice and vinegar, with a pinch of salt.

manualking

manualking

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #3
neosporin

Dick Nixon

Dick Nixon

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #4
salt works well

no really.
clean it with water and shizz, apply rubbing alcohol and dry with a small cloth
apply neosporin or generic counterpart
wrap in gauze.

thats the super safe way.

my way is run it under water then let be and dont worry about it because i have an excess amount of white blood cells and can kick an infections ass like it never even reached my body

08SubieWrx

08SubieWrx

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #5
lemon juice and vinegar, with a pinch of salt.
uhhhh Ouch :eek: !

I'd definately stick with the Ol' Neosporin and a band-aid

theSANDYPANTS

theSANDYPANTS

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #6
Haha. Thanks. Neosporin it is.

AustinK

AustinK

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #7
for me neosporin only leads to the cut getting infected from beeing moist all of the time. What i do is first clean with peroxide then spray it with a medicated spray like solicane or somethingthing like that.

theSANDYPANTS

theSANDYPANTS

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #8
for me neosporin only leads to the cut getting infected from beeing moist all of the time. What i do is first clean with peroxide then spray it with a medicated spray like solicane or somethingthing like that.
Haha. I just came back from CVS with Neosporin. The pharmacy lady nurse person even told me Neosporin is probably the best and most popular. But thanks for your reply. I'll consider that next time if I scrape up again and Neosporin didn't work out for me too well this time. :)

ROB THE ERT

ROB THE ERT

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #9
hydrogen peroxide to clean it then neosporin

AustinK

AustinK

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #10
Haha. I just came back from CVS with Neosporin. The pharmacy lady nurse person even told me Neosporin is probably the best and most popular. But thanks for your reply. I'll consider that next time if I scrape up again and Neosporin didn't work out for me too well this time. :)
Where in california are you from?

shrobs187

shrobs187

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #11
just get a bottle of bacardi 151 chug about half then a shot every hour and your set =]

theSANDYPANTS

theSANDYPANTS

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #12
Lemontime

Lemontime

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #13
I was at the hospital two weeks ago and they said they hardly ever use any anti-septics or anything any more, salt water is the best thing to clean wounds..

Just go crazy and rub it down heaps (it'll hurt like a bitch) with salt water then let it dry for a long time..

M

MATRIX

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #14
I always use just plain old soap(anti-bacterial) and water and scrub it. Wrap it so it won't stick to the sheets at night, and try to leave it unwarpped all day. The soap keeps it clean and the air will heal it faster.

swiftmover

swiftmover

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #15
just get a bottle of bacardi 151 chug about half then a shot every hour and your set =]
Thats a bad idea it will thin your blood and make you bleed more.

Just shoot some H and your set.

shrobs187

shrobs187

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #16
as long as i dont feel it im happy =]

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #17
You're right Matrix. Simplest is the best.

Cru

Cru

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #18
G

goldendragon

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #19
fit bike co

fit bike co

Treatments for a bad scrape? post #20
i think the best treatment is to go riding.:dance:

New Topics