Transitions

• Discuss Transitions in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [color=darkred][/color]For my GCSE major project i am building a volcano that can fold out into a hip with a deck and than a 10ft long quarter with a... ...
T

Tucker

Transitions post #1
For my GCSE major project i am building a volcano that can fold out into a hip with a deck and than a 10ft long quarter with a deck, the ramp should be 4 or 5 ft high. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or hints on how to get a nice transition, If so just post them up as a reply or mail me and it would be very much appreciated...

T

Trimix

Transitions post #2
You mean WHAT tranny to use, or how to lay it out so it is smooth? You need a tape measure, a pencil, a string or board, and a nail. Once you determine what transition you are using (ie; 7', 8', 9' radius etc) you can use those to "sweep" a line. Need the actual explanation?

T

Tucker

Transitions post #3
say i was to make the ramp 4 1/2 ft high what radius should i use?

I

infantry43RIDER

Transitions post #4
Million Pi.

T

Trimix

Transitions post #5
For 4 1/2 feet, I would use something like a 9' radius, however you could use 7 or 8 also.....just depends on how quick you want the ramp. Use only a 4 foot radius, and the ramp will be REALLY fun, (like a brick wall)and vertical at the top.......I dunno man....just depends on how much of a rate of transition you want. I depends also I think on whether you are making a mini ramp or a launch ramp, if not a launch then you want quicker probably....someone help me out here. Lol

E

evanc

Transitions post #6
7.75'

T

Tucker

Transitions post #7
Yer i do see where you are coming from, i guess if it is going to be used as a volcano it cant be too quick but i also want it to be good if your riding it as a 1/4 pipe as well. man building trails is so much easier. is 7.75 good then?

New Topics