Trail bike for street?

• Discuss Trail bike for street? in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I've got a 2001 Free Agent Flying Fortress, I bought it 2 months ago because of the fact that it was only ever used once, its full crmo and basically... ...
aDDikT

aDDikT

Trail bike for street? post #1
I've got a 2001 Free Agent Flying Fortress, I bought it 2 months ago because of the fact that it was only ever used once, its full crmo and basically because the pickup location was two suburbs away. I still ride trails though only occasionally, I'm going to buy plastic pedals and shave my seat post and bars down to save weight, but I'd like to know what other mods could I do to make it more suited to street riding? I was thinking of a dirt path front and path rear, but thats all I can come up with.

D

Doesj

Trail bike for street? post #2
do you really think cutting your seat post is going to make you a better street rider? LOL

on-topic: if you wanna go street, add pegs!

Fey

Fey

Trail bike for street? post #3
Change gearing?
What have you got now?
Perhaps you could move to a 25-9?

aDDikT

aDDikT

Trail bike for street? post #4
44-16, but the lowest I'm going is 36-16. The area I live in has alot of hills and flat, and I mean ALOT.

No, not a better street rider.... just to save weight, and it sticks out too much even when I push it all the way down.

bike ryder

bike ryder

Trail bike for street? post #5
changing the gearing down from 44-16 to 25-9 is the same gearing ratio.. just smaller

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

Trail bike for street? post #6
Deff go 25-9 or 24-9 gearing. Dont be a bitch about hills. It'll strengthen your arms and legs. Cut your seatpost, only cut your bars a little, not too small. if theres breaks on the bike take them off to save weight. unless you still want them for trails.. thats all i can think of for now. haha.

aDDikT

aDDikT

Trail bike for street? post #7
Sprockets and stuff are fairly expensive in australia though =/ and I've heard that it wears out the drivetrain alot faster if everythings small.

A-J

A-J

Trail bike for street? post #8
44-16, but the lowest I'm going is 36-16. The area I live in has alot of hills and flat, and I mean ALOT.

No, not a better street rider.... just to save weight, and it sticks out too much even when I push it all the way down.
i live on the isle of wight mate, its all hills, i run 24 - 9, its fine dude, if anything it makes it easyer to go up hills rather than a 36 - 16 trust me

New Topics