toptube lengths?

• Discuss toptube lengths? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Why does top tube length matter? i hear that its good to have a longer top tube for dirt jumping. what does it do? whats better for street? ...
H

hatsofftoya

toptube lengths? post #1
Why does top tube length matter? i hear that its good to have a longer top tube for dirt jumping.
what does it do? whats better for street?

frostedbutts

frostedbutts

toptube lengths? post #2
bigger TT for bigger people and vice versa.

IB Street

IB Street

toptube lengths? post #3
TT can have a lot to do with someones comforatability with their bicycle.

T

troy

toptube lengths? post #4
Wrong section.

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

toptube lengths? post #5
its all about preference. i know plenty of kids that are taller than me and ride 20.5" but i ride a 21" because i feel most comfortable with it.

W

west aus rider

toptube lengths? post #6
Different size top tubes can make it either easyer to spin if ypu have a short frame etc.

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

toptube lengths? post #7
Longer if youre tall, shorter if youre shorter, that simple really. Its whats comfortable for you

F

foskco71

toptube lengths? post #8
depends what you're personally more comfortable with, but generally taller riders ride a taller top tube.

not so much to do with style/terrain you're riding. but everyone has their own preferences.

G

givertits

toptube lengths? post #9
it has alot to do with wat is more comfortable feelin it takes time to find out wat u realy like i like long tt but i know some of my freinds that realy like short tt length but personaly i feel it is to do with wat u find comfortable to u

Patrickk

Patrickk

toptube lengths? post #10
personal preference. personal preference. personal preference.

for example:

i'm 5' 10" and 20.5tt feels too small for me and makes my back hurt.

my friend is 5' 3" and 20.5tt feels to small for him and makes it hard to control the bike.

F

fortytwobikes

toptube lengths? post #11
Longer TT= Longer wheelbase = More stable bike!

I

irideasmallbike

toptube lengths? post #12
i throw turndowns so overclicked on my 21 and even farther on my friends old ass standard thats 22 haha

kickemos1664

kickemos1664

toptube lengths? post #13
longer frames may be more stable then others

i just rode a 20.5 for a good 3 years and now riding a 21.4 and is very much easier to manual

johnuk

johnuk

toptube lengths? post #14
5' 8", 21.25" TT

The others are right, a longer tube = higher stability. Stability and maneuverability are indirectly related, you can't have more of one without having less of the other.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

toptube lengths? post #15
i prefer a shorter TT. at 5'8" i ride a 20.5 and i have ridden 20.25 and 20.75.

21 just doesnt feel right to me. if i can get it back, i used to have a 19" WTP pony frame that i would like to ride again. shorter=easier to toss around. since i am rarely more than one foot above ground, that is fine for me.

johnuk

johnuk

toptube lengths? post #16
Longer tubes are more stable in things like a manual, but I find it harder to flick the front up as well. I don't weigh much, so having a longer frame means I have a bigger pivot to tip - I have to lean right back as far as I can over my wheel to get enough weight back

DAN1991

DAN1991

toptube lengths? post #17
I'm 5ft and always ran a 20.5.

My mate is about 5ft5 and runs a 20.0 and it feels lush.

New Topics