Top Tube...help anyone???

• Discuss Top Tube...help anyone??? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi there I was looking at the stolen wrap as my next bike but it has a 20.75 inch top tube...im 5 foot 6 and i've been told by friends that if i got... ...
Irish

Irish

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #1
Hi there I was looking at the stolen wrap as my next bike but it has a 20.75 inch top tube...im 5 foot 6 and i've been told by friends that if i got the bike manuals and stuff will be a lot harder because of the big TT...is this true or is it just a case of adjusting to the feel of a new bike or will it be genuinely harder to pull tricks manuals etc.?

i'm 15 so i'll probably be growing a bit as well...

if anyone has any ideas about bikes that are a similar price that might suit me better lemme know...

Carsten Bonde

Carsten Bonde

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #2
We dont use foot in denmark... But.. im 15 to and i have a 20.60 TT..

Its very good.

im 174 cm high.

And its often the backend that makes it harder / more easy to spin

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #3
I'm 5' 5" and I ran a 20.75" then 20.625" and now a 20.375". Thing if the 20.75" has a 74 deg head tube it will feel the same as 20.625" with a 74.5 deg head tube and almost the same a 20.375" with a 75 deg head tube.

Just amke sure its got a sort reat end, ie 13.75" slammed and you'll be fine.

PS - mate rides a 20.8" and I can manual that fine!

pinkfluffymunky

pinkfluffymunky

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #4
here dude...i would get the khe golide...pay £10 or €15 extra...i was gonna get the wrap but the khe goldie is better value for money...i even made a thread khe goldie vs stolen wrap...khe goldie won by alot more...it has double walled rims n the cassette is good..its not just a stock one...you can actually buy it in shops check it out....its a 20.5" tt....
is there a skatepark in dublin? my cousins live in dundrum n they said sumthin about one being beside tennis courts...its like a 2hr drive....30-45 min train journey...
i didnt really answer your ques...but i thot u shud know

M

marks86

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #5
Hi there I was looking at the stolen wrap as my next bike but it has a 20.75 inch top tube...im 5 foot 6 and i've been told by friends that if i got the bike manuals and stuff will be a lot harder because of the big TT...is this true or is it just a case of adjusting to the feel of a new bike or will it be genuinely harder to pull tricks manuals etc.?

i'm 15 so i'll probably be growing a bit as well...

if anyone has any ideas about bikes that are a similar price that might suit me better lemme know...
a 20.75 toptube would be alittle big but overall wouldnt be that big of a deal

Irish

Irish

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #6
k thx guys anyone else know of any other bikes that could be worthwhile? i think i may go for the khe...

oh and if anyone could let me know a good(cheap) place to pick up a khe goldie cos im lookin at a bout 60 euro difference between for the goldie as opposed to the stolen...haha im on a tight budget!

Last edited:
pinkfluffymunky

pinkfluffymunky

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #7
well when i have the money im getting mine from www.winstanleysbmx.com there its only £10 more expensive than the stolen wrap cos its got £30 whacked off the price wooo...thought the postage may be more becuase your in ireland not the u.k.

Evan414PROPS

Evan414PROPS

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #8
ok well my friend is about 5'8'' and he has the 06 stolen wrap (still a 20.75tt) and he can manual for days so really i woulmd worry about it .

millerman

millerman

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #9
hey do leprchauns ride bmx over in ireland?? (just wondering) lol

Chaz Markley

Chaz Markley

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #10
shouldnt be that big of a deal cause im 15 and 5'4" and i run a 20.75 hawk and it feals great

M

metalfattch

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #11
20.75 isnt really that long. your not too short. but are you really going to stick to that frame untill your full grown?

A

AdamBeevers

Top Tube...help anyone??? post #12
just get wat ever... im 6 foot 6 and i dont have a clue wat size my tube is...

New Topics