To old to ride?

• Discuss To old to ride? in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; I've been thinking a lot about my future and bike riding, and I wondered If any of you feel the same about riding at old age. Although I'm only 19 ... ...
  • Tags bike bike riding bmx bmx bike
T

traildemon

To old to ride? post #1
I've been thinking a lot about my future and bike riding, and I wondered If any of you feel the same about riding at old age.
Although I'm only 19 , maybe why some might find this topic lame, I really hope my body will hold up at least t'ill I'm 38 or older.
That's way I'd like to hear from you hardcore old schoolers, who never feel to old to ride. My biggest relief is that Taj is nearing his 40's and still kicks ass.
What do you guys think about that.

T

Tibro

To old to ride? post #2
well im 17 and i'm jsut starting to learn.. i sometime think i have left it too late :S

F

FOL

To old to ride? post #3
I'm 19 and started at 19 and never thought I was starting too late... only thing is there are many young people, which may be a little bit childish (and irritating)...oh well :)
trimix is like...in the 30 I believe and he kicks ass 8)

C

casperh

To old to ride? post #4
what would be the age of the dave mirra and maat hoffman or vicky gomes by the way :?:

I

infantry43RIDER

To old to ride? post #5
mat hoffman is either right at 40 or close to it.

C

cpb rider

To old to ride? post #6
i've started riding at 17, but i'm riding really hard since i'm 19. it's never too late to start. 'just keep riding..'! 8)

S

sentaafEQpovar

To old to ride? post #7
my body wont hold by that age, i eat like preservatives and shit

M

Mr_Shrapnel

To old to ride? post #8
well i don't think Hoffman would like to hear that, because, im sure he is not THAT old, I mean he only had this 30th birthday a few years ago, well, it seemed like a few years ago, i could be wrong.

the way i see it, is as long as you can physically pedal a bike, you can still ride, i mean my grandad can still ride a bike, ok, he wont be doing and 360's or lookbacks any time soon, but i guess that when i am old, even if i can ride down the street and hop up a curb, that will be cool. bmx for life.

personally i think it is a very good idea to do stretches before and after you go riding, it really does prolong you muscle and joint life quite alot, and while you may not notice it now, it could make a big difference in a few years. ok ok i dont do it every day, but a bit is better than nothing.

L

leon_luxton

To old to ride? post #9
its NEVER too late to start..and 19 aint old

B

bruisedbob

To old to ride? post #10
Stretch, let your injuries heal- rehab if severe enough, stay fit (don't go vegan or anything just stay active). Most important NEVER stop riding. Its a lot harder to start back after a long break, you'll be amazed what you lose after a while. I'm 31 and been skating since 14, picked up a bike a few months ago and been having fun since.

Some guys drove past me the other night when I was practicing some manuals and hopping some boxes in a parking lot. They yelled saying I was too old for a bmx bike. With a finger flying,
I told them they were too young to be sucking so much .....Then they stopped for the light, so I rode over to continue our discussion. Frantic words of "Oh @#$%, dude he's coming over here." were heard from the car. I got close enough to spit on the trunk (I didn't, but I have pissed on a cop's car door) and the light changed. That driver took off so fast he almost hit a parked car. Fun. I love punking out loud mouths.

Yeah, stretch a lot. Bananas are good for your joint pain.

F

FOL

To old to ride? post #11
haha go bob :D

till ya face a 180kg fat muscled free fighter... then :hmm: :p

B

bruisedbob

To old to ride? post #12
What's that in pounds? I'm 6 foot 200 lbs. I know a lot of lethal moves myself, but only for self-defense. I'd probably be fine unless it came to grappling, my shoulder is trashed. Try not to fall out of tall trees.

F

FOL

To old to ride? post #13
180 kg is 396 pound.

and yes there is a free fighter (bob sapp) who weighs that much, and he doesn't have a pound of fat...that guy is a freak

T

traildemon

To old to ride? post #14
leon_luxton said:
its NEVER too late to start..and 19 aint old
I know that, but I justed wanted to hear what others thought about that.
and by the way, who said I was starting?? I've been riding since I was 16.

L

leon_luxton

To old to ride? post #15
^^ok,i dunno who said ya was starting *thinks of some1 to blame it on*....it was FOL..he told me :twisted:

L

leon_luxton

To old to ride? post #16
^^ok,i dunno who said ya was starting *thinks of some1 to blame it on*....it was FOL..he told me :twisted:

L

leon_luxton

To old to ride? post #17
OMG..damn double posts :cry:

T

traildemon

To old to ride? post #18
wow, I'm sorry if I offended you..damn it's not that bigadeal haha

B

bruisedbob

To old to ride? post #19
FOL said:
180 kg is 396 pound.

and yes there is a free fighter (bob sapp) who weighs that much, and he doesn't have a pound of fat...that guy is a freak

FOL, I've got a great technique for a guy that big. Running.

L

leon_luxton

To old to ride? post #20
traildemon said:
wow, I'm sorry if I offended you..damn it's not that bigadeal haha
:? HUH? who said it offened me?

New Topics