To heavy for street?

• Discuss To heavy for street? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, iv been dirt jumping for about 6 months now on my "Mongoose Fuzz Utah" BMX and its been working great. Thing is Id like to start getting into... ...
E

Everme

To heavy for street? post #1
Hey, iv been dirt jumping for about 6 months now on my "Mongoose Fuzz Utah" BMX and its been working great. Thing is Id like to start getting into street, but a bunch of the guys down the parks said that its too heavy for a street bmx and that il never get the nessesary air from flatland.

Anybody know someone who has riddin a Mongoose Fuzz Utah or similarly heavy dirt bike in street? Or if the weight of the bike is really that important whilst trying to get a desent bunny hop? (stupid question i know, but if its possible to get a good bunnyhop out of it im willing to give it a go!)

Cheers for your time people x

bike ryder

bike ryder

To heavy for street? post #2
i used to ride street on my 35 lb haro. weight doesnt mean you can or cant ride

F

frightmare

To heavy for street? post #3
i had an fbm angel of death back in the day when 'burly' was the key. oversized EVERYTHING! it was in the high 30's almost 40+ lbs. i LOVED that bike. anything is streetable.

AustinK

AustinK

To heavy for street? post #4
if you have only been riding for 6 months your bike will be fine. Once you progress more just slowly upgrade and then your bike will drop weight. until then just go ride it.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

To heavy for street? post #5
when i was your age, we rode bikes made of chissled iron ore and tires made from rhino hides and for brakes we shoved a large rock, that we carried in special pouches, at our front tire. our bikes easily weighed 115 pounds but you need that kind of certainty when you want to ride down a glacier or hunt a boar in the deep woods.

Chaosbiker

Chaosbiker

To heavy for street? post #6
The weight wont really matter that much, you will be fine:).

L

LordBanks

To heavy for street? post #7
Yeah, i used to ride like 10 years back and the bikes then weighed a ton, never stopped us.

spotty

spotty

To heavy for street? post #8
hahaha rhino hide tires would be ****ing rad

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

To heavy for street? post #9
A street setup used to be 35+ so I think you'll be fine, My bike is 29 feels light to me. I wouldn't listen to someone telling you that you can't ride street because your bike is to heavy they don't know what they're talking about.

willscott182

willscott182

To heavy for street? post #10
30lb or under i completely fine

New Topics