to big?

• Discuss to big? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; is a 8.2 in rise bars to big for me? I an 5ft and 3in. what about a 20.8 tt? I am only 13 and still growing. I looked on this... ...
M

Mountain_goat

to big? post #2
That chart is mainly for racing, but it can help to make a bike "feel" better when you ride it.
yet you're only 13 and growing, so it may be better to go for something alittle bigger now, and have it fit you better later, rather than buying more parts later because you grew out of your current ones.

J

joelmerritt

to big? post #3
its really about how it feels Im 5'11 and rode a 19" until yesterday with 170mm crank arms and 8.25 bars. its just about how it feels to you not what a sizing chart says

E RaK

E RaK

to big? post #4
The sizing chart means nothing - its for racing anyway

bar height is mostly personal preference

misterbryan

misterbryan

to big? post #5
you should get something around 20.5" tt

basically its what makes you feel comfortable.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

to big? post #6
8.2" high bars should be too big for you. it would be like riding in shoes that are size 13 when you usually wear a size 8. get some "mid" sized bars around 7.5" high and go up from there as you get taller.

N

nick B

to big? post #7
what are some good bars?

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

to big? post #8
you can't go wrong with Odyssey Civilians.

JMcdonell

JMcdonell

to big? post #9
preference olny.

Levimoody

Levimoody

to big? post #10
Ok not to thread jack but, did odyssey stop making skims?

If not i would suggest those!

N

nick B

to big? post #11
Can I have a link to dans comp for some bars around 7.5 in rise? Because I want to order all the parts from one site. Both of the bars posted above arnt at dans.

G

goldendragon

to big? post #12
danscomp.com

simple enough, you could've just typed the exact same thing on your location bar.

New Topics