Tire Sizes????

• Discuss Tire Sizes???? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ok. I noticed this but is it right or can someone explain to me what tire sizes are ok. First day i got my haro cassette rim hub it is laced to a... ...
RuLe

RuLe

Tire Sizes???? post #1
Ok. I noticed this but is it right or can someone explain to me what tire sizes are

ok. First day i got my haro cassette rim hub it is laced to a triple wall rim. anyways the tires that came on my bike where 20x 2.25 and they wouldnt fit on the rim what so ever, not even close. Anyways my friend gave me a 20x1.95 and it was hard to get on but it did fit over it and i was wondering. So the smaller the tire like say 20x1.85 or 20x1.75 means the tire will be real big to fit over big big sidewall rims? I always thought the bigger the last number is the bigger it is for big rims. but i guess im wrong. And the front tire i am running is a 20x2.25 on a double which is hard to get on, but it fits. I went ahead and got a 20x2.10 for the front which should go on easyer correct? And they didnt have 1.95 size tires so i got the 20x1.85 for the back. so thats gonan fit right and not be too small??? the guy i talked to said it would fit perfectly and my theory of tires is correct.

O

oibmxpunx

Tire Sizes???? post #2
the size is gow wide the tire is some tires are hard to get on but any 20x tire will fit on ur rim just some are a b*tch to put on

F

FT rider

Tire Sizes???? post #3
rule u fruit u are the stupidest person ever
the theory with tires is if its 20" it will fit, it may be a motherf*cker to get on but it will fit the rim the other measurements are how fat the tire is

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Tire Sizes???? post #4
the tire measurments, eg 1.95, are how wide the tire actually is, not how deep the tire is. the problem you are having is due to the fact that you are running a "tall" rim. if you put on a low wall rim, eg a demoliiton or a sun big city, you would not have the problem of being able to get the tire on or off. that is why i hate tall rims, i dont see the point in them myself, they just cause more hassle than they are worth.

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

Tire Sizes???? post #5
im gonna buy some rims with sidewalls (doublewall)of 18.67 mm what tires should i get then 1.95 or sumthin

RuLe

RuLe

Tire Sizes???? post #6
FT rider said:
rule u fruit u are the stupidest person ever
the theory with tires is if its 20" it will fit, it may be a motherf*cker to get on but it will fit the rim the other measurements are how fat the tire is

well how about you try getting the tire on the rim then. You ****ing cant dude, only half the tire go's on and the rest i cant even pull over and no not any 20' tire will fit because it didnt even come close and even 20x1.95 tho went on. it still was a bitch. but on the other hand 20x2.25 wont at all.

X

XIII

Tire Sizes???? post #7
I have a Primo Hulahoop which has tall walls and it was a bitch to put on, but it went on... you need a stratagy... mine is too complex to explane

F

FT rider

Tire Sizes???? post #8
ok i will try as i have the triple walls, and basically ive been through at least 10 tires on them, all different sizes they always fit just get some strong metal tirelevers or forks to put em on

C

casperh

Tire Sizes???? post #9
ive just let my 2.125 mm innnertube explode, it has a snakebite in it with 2 cm long holes, it is unreparable and i have to buy a new one as i bought this broken one a day ago

F

federal_rider12

Tire Sizes???? post #10
not totally if it is 20x1.75 and up it will fit a 20x1.75 rim if the tire is smaller then a 1.75 the bead of the tire might not lock on to the rim so you have to run the smaller rim in which a tire smaller then 1.75 is for kids and cruisers really smaller then 1.85 is pretty skinny but size dont matter it takes force to get them on i cant believe you dont understand this

its all about sidewall thickness the thicker the hard to get on

RuLe

RuLe

Tire Sizes???? post #11
FT rider said:
ok i will try as i have the triple walls, and basically ive been through at least 10 tires on them, all different sizes they always fit just get some strong metal tirelevers or forks to put em on

yea but you dont understand. That isnt gonna work. My 20x2.25 tire fit half way on and of course i no how to put a stupid tire on. But you cant even stretch the tire to fit over it, tryed it when i first got it. tryed a 20x1.95 it was a bitch but that one went on. And now i want to buy a 20x1.85 and my question was the smaller the 20x?.?? the easyer it is to get over tall sidewalls correct? It doesnt seem right what so ever but i guess the 1.85 will go on easyer and hopefully not go on at all :(

F

federal_rider12

Tire Sizes???? post #12
no no no the measurement 2.25, 2.20. 2.0, 1.95. etc. is the length of the tire which doesnt make a difference in how hard it is to put on its all about sidewall thickness to put on a tire on a tall sidewall rim its best to use a strong tire lever or some kind of leverage it isnt just going to slide on it takes force it also helps to use soapy water, if putting on a street tire it is more likely to be harder then a dirt tire i was able to slide my maxxis holy roller right on because it has such a thin sidewall but my kenda kikzumbut was a pain and i went through 2 tire levers then i bought a good tire lever and popped it on and if you really know how to put a tire on you would have the tire on and this topic wouldnt have been started so no the smaller the length of the tire, 1.85-1.95-2.0 and so on, doesnt have a thing to do with how hard it is to put on

RuLe

RuLe

Tire Sizes???? post #13
so since the wall tire is already fatter then the v monster. i got the v monster in 2.10 and the primo wall in 1.85. You think they will look the same size since the wall tires are fatter then the v monsters (if they where both the same size)

oh **** it nevermind i got to get to bed i cant type for shit right now

F

federal_rider12

Tire Sizes???? post #14
if i could understand that maybe i could come up with a reply

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Tire Sizes???? post #15
the tire measurments, eg 1.95, are how wide the tire actually is, not how deep the tire is. the problem you are having is due to the fact that you are running a "tall" rim. if you put on a low wall rim, eg a demoliiton or a sun big city, you would not have the problem of being able to get the tire on or off. that is why i hate tall rims, i dont see the point in them myself, they just cause more hassle than they are worth.

i just said that a few posts back, but clearly you didnt read it, so there it is again.

if you run a tall rim, you will always have the problem of getting your tires on and off because, the actual height of the tire is pretty standard. unless someone makes a special tire which has low walls, so it can fit easily onto a tall wall rim.

RuLe

RuLe

Tire Sizes???? post #16
Mr_Shrapnel said:

i just said that a few posts back, but clearly you didnt read it, so there it is again.

if you run a tall rim, you will always have the problem of getting your tires on and off because, the actual height of the tire is pretty standard. unless someone makes a special tire which has low walls, so it can fit easily onto a tall wall rim.

but that doesnt explain why the 20x1.95 went on but the 20x2.25 didnt even go on more then half way, it wouldnt even go on at all but 20x.195 did

F

federal_rider12

Tire Sizes???? post #17
Mr_Shrapnel said:

yeah thats what i said twice and i also explained why it would be hard the tire sidewall is thicker so it is stiffer making it harder to put on also a tall sidewall rim would make it more difficult too its not the length of the rim its the tire thickness and the height of the rim thats final nothing else would effect the ability to put on a tire

New Topics