Tightening Brakes?

• Discuss Tightening Brakes? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i got a Huffy M80 2 weeks ago and all the screws are pretty deamn loose.. including my brakes! i cant endo or anything with them and my back break is... ...
  • Tags bike bikes se bikes
T

Tibro

Tightening Brakes? post #1
i got a Huffy M80 2 weeks ago and all the screws are pretty deamn loose.. including my brakes! i cant endo or anything with them and my back break is appaling i want to learn to hop on my back wheel but i wont even attempt it once with my brakes!

now i know this sounds like a dumb ass question.. but how can i make these breaks tighter or work better? its just your standard Huffy M80 (the New 2003 one)

thnx

Motorkade

Motorkade

Tightening Brakes? post #2
If you've tightened all the brake nuts as tight as they'll get, and they're still loose, pull the cable through more on the calliper.

L

LuMpY

Tightening Brakes? post #3
If you have a gyro that can be a huge part of your problem. If you have black rims that doesn't help you either. Clean your rims very well. Use 409, simple green, soapy water. Whatever you use make sure you get it all off the rim when your done. Clean your pads(remove the glaze). You may want to try different pad compounds or different gyro cable options.

T

Tibro

Tightening Brakes? post #4
yea i have gyro AND black rims... i will have to give em a good scrub.. thnx for the help guys i would never have thought of havin to scrub down my rims lol... ;)

S

sentaafEQpovar

Tightening Brakes? post #5
another problem may be that if ur bike is like one those 80 dollar generic bikes, it may have those shitty asss c-brakes that dont work for shit, i think they are c-brakes*

L

LuMpY

Tightening Brakes? post #6
Damn senta..shut up. You have nothing good/helpful to say. Obviously you don't know what you are talking about.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Tightening Brakes? post #7
WTF i know wexactly what im talking about, those generic brakes, they a certain type, they never work for shit its a fact, ima find some in my box of bike stuff and prove you wrong, fagit, theres this one type of generic ass brakes that dont work for shit, ok, just looked, and i guess i mustve thrown them out, but they are the onese that dont have the brake mounts, they just screw into the little hole on the top of your forks or on the back of your bike

G

Tightening Brakes? post #8
haha lumpy got owned... i do see sentaaf post a lot of useful stuff

L

LuMpY

Tightening Brakes? post #9
They are called side-pull calipers smart ass. Yea you really told me. Just so you know Iwork at a bike shop as a mechanic. You're not telling me anything new I fix janky bikes all day long. :roll: I forgot to add not all brakes like that suck. What about Bulldog's?

S

sentaafEQpovar

Tightening Brakes? post #10
well im saying his side pull caliper brakes porrly dont work just like the side pull caliper brakes of all the little kids whose bikes i ride, and thier s are really shityy, so maybe this dude had same problem

T

Tibro

Tightening Brakes? post #11
fisrt off.. no i didnt buy a shitty £80 bike.... secondly you may be right about the brakes, but i am not gonna buy some expensive new ones for my first bike and my first month riding it am i..

S

Street_Tech_Ninja

Tightening Brakes? post #12
I got a tip.
Take the HUFFY to the pawn shop and save some money to get a REAL bike. Then buy 4 pegs and saw off any brake mounts. Brakeless and 4 pegs is the TECHest way to ride. Some of you little kiddies might not know anything about tech though.
No, really
If you learn to ride brakeless and 4 pegs now, in a few years you will be teching it up while every body else is tapping their brakes during manuals.

L

LuMpY

Tightening Brakes? post #13
Street_Tech_Ninja.... You're a nerd :dance: :applause: :clap: :hihi:

C

casperh

Tightening Brakes? post #14
lumpy is a nerd****er

L

LuMpY

Tightening Brakes? post #15
And a helpful one at that. :stinkefinger:

T

Tibro

Tightening Brakes? post #16
why do pricks (Sentaaf, casperh and now ninja...) always seem to post in my topics? its goddamn annoying....

the bloody idiots are only here to start arguments.... will a mod actually do something about this for once plz? coz its really damaging the board from what i can see

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

Tightening Brakes? post #17
lets do more seriosly with this guy BMXers live in peace such as I live
Maybe you need better pads I think I cant help you so far I know :!:

T

Tibro

Tightening Brakes? post #18
thankyou man... :) i wish the others could take a lesson lol

New Topics