tierra

• Discuss tierra in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; okay so im 14 ( almost 15 ) and im just under 6 ft and im wondering if the fly tierra frame would be okay for me. ive heard you need to be a... ...
ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

tierra post #1
okay so im 14 ( almost 15 ) and im just under 6 ft and im wondering if the fly tierra frame would be okay for me.

ive heard you need to be a shortie to have one.

so yeah just wondering, remember im only 14 so i will grow even more, probably get over 6.4

mikemilleruk

mikemilleruk

tierra post #2
oh so many threads, like 3 in the past two days.

if you're tall it's not good way too low. be better with a different frame.

eastpak

eastpak

tierra post #3
14 and 6ft? jesus
tierras are very low so you could be any height and still ride one :p

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

tierra post #4
mikemilleruk i really want a tierra aye, ive heard sooooooo many good things about them, and the other thing thats worrying me is the hight thing.

i ride a 20.45 tt and the tierras come in 21 tt so i think it should be all okay.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

tierra post #5
The Tierra is just another bike it isnt anything special really
dont go for brand names or hype or "hip" or trendy go for what really works for you and what you feel right on
go to a bike shop and sit on a few take a good look ride a couple around and then get an idea of what you feel
right on. then find out about the geometry and then youll know where to start looking for something that will fit.
just getting a bike cuz you hear good things or everyone wants one is not only lame but sad and will only end up
with disappointment. i know at 14 being trendy and all is important, but you arent going to like riding something
that doesnt fit you

D

Deliciouspeed

tierra post #6
I wouldn't go with that at your height...just seems like you grow ever few minutes as well. Get something with proper geo for a tall guy like yourself. I've seen so many riders suffer bad set up's just because of the fabulous name.

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

tierra post #7
holy **** 6ft at 14

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

tierra post #8
dont go for brand names or hype or "hip" or trendy go for what really works for you and what you feel right on
go to a bike shop and sit on a few take a good look ride a couple around and then get an idea of what you feel
right on. then find out about the geometry and then youll know where to start looking for something that will fit.
just getting a bike cuz you hear good things or everyone wants one is not only lame but sad and will only end up
with disappointment. i know at 14 being trendy and all is important, but you arent going to like riding something
that doesnt fit you
yeah dude im not getting it because of "fly", to tell you the truth i really only want one because ive heard they are strong and, shit they look sooooooooooo sexy.

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

tierra post #9
Biggles

Biggles

tierra post #10
that doesnt fit you
You obviously haven't ridden one so be quiet.

ColourOfMoney, Tierras have a way of making themselves feel quite light by having the sort of geometry that's easy to pick up, as in you can really throw them around a lot.

And if you haven't ridden a short back end before then try one out cause they feel really different, not just for manuals like everyone says, but for pulling anything the short back end makes a difference, a lot of people of like it, but there's a small percentage that don't.

Tdadd

Tdadd

tierra post #11
okay so im 14 ( almost 15 ) and im just under 6 ft and im wondering if the fly tierra frame would be okay for me.

ive heard you need to be a shortie to have one.

so yeah just wondering, remember im only 14 so i will grow even more, probably get over 6.4
6ft?! I'm 15 and only 5'2 holy shit. I mean yeah I know I'm short but 6ft is ****ing huge! Kind of reminds me of this one kid in my grade thats 6'10, we can him "Big Nasty" haha

New Topics