Three Quick Questions

• Discuss Three Quick Questions in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I got the compression bolt or star bolt out will I still need to buy a new fork? Here are some pics... ...
JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Three Quick Questions post #1
I got the compression bolt or star bolt out will I still need to buy a new fork? Here are some pics

Also am I gonna need new bearings because the bottom of my fork is screwed up?

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Three Quick Questions post #2
Only two ?'s my fault

ridecleveland

ridecleveland

Three Quick Questions post #3
A: not enough information.

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Three Quick Questions post #4
Wow no one knows what to do? Thanks for the help guys

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Three Quick Questions post #5
Whats wrong? Like fork bent... bearings dont spin...what?

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Three Quick Questions post #6
The bolt that goes thru to the fork broke in half and I managed to get the other half out i'm wondering if I need to buy a whole new fork or just buy a new bolt or can you do that? Also it's really hard to turn and makes a squeaking noise is that because there's no bolt in the stem? (I don't get it you guys view what I post but don't post any suggestion or help) Also if I can where would I go to buy a new star bolt if that's all I need?

Last edited:
H

harrychronikjr

Three Quick Questions post #7
get new bolt, head set, and use your brain

T

tom from boston

Three Quick Questions post #8
Someone's being a little pushy when asking for help. If you can get the whole bolt out you should be able to use the fork, unless the inside is stripped out. You might need a new headset too if the compression bolt got overtightened.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Three Quick Questions post #9
Get a new bolt, and if your riding without one your headset is probably wrecked now.

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Three Quick Questions post #10
I know i'm getting pushy, i'm new to bmx and i'm not sure what everything is and where everything goes and if something goes wrong i'm not sure what it could be therefor i'm asking for help. Maybe if I gain enough expierence and help I wouldn't have to ask.

Beanie

Beanie

Three Quick Questions post #11
Get a new bolt, and if your riding without one your headset is probably wrecked now.
you dont need the compression bolt, its just used to tighten the headset, the pinchbolts on the stem hold it tight.

the answer is, just get a new compression bolt and whala...

if the fork threads are messed up, then yes you need a new fork... but the fork comes with a compression bolt system

T

tom from boston

Three Quick Questions post #12
There's such a thing as trial and error. Get out your tools and start messing around until something works out. From the pictures it doesnt look like things can get much worse.

JamesPromIII

JamesPromIII

Three Quick Questions post #13
you dont need the compression bolt, its just used to tighten the headset, the pinchbolts on the stem hold it tight.

the answer is, just get a new compression bolt and whala...

if the fork threads are messed up, then yes you need a new fork... but the fork comes with a compression bolt system
Alright thanks man that might be it the fork moves up and down

New Topics