this is pissing me off!

• Discuss this is pissing me off! in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; No matter how tight I make the chain every time I even go to pedal the bike the chain ends up coming loose. The rear wheel isn't moving forward and I... ...

203rider

this is pissing me off! post #1
No matter how tight I make the chain every time I even go to pedal the bike the chain ends up coming loose. The rear wheel isn't moving forward and I also have shimmed the top hat washer with some soda can pieces. The chain still only has a couple hours of riding on it so it's new but like it goes from being perfect to like an inch of play. It is a Shadow half link.

dsboy

dsboy

this is pissing me off! post #2
it probably has something to do with your rear tire. maybe the bolts coming loose and its slipping forward

E RaK

E RaK

this is pissing me off! post #3
chain is stretching?

skavenger256

skavenger256

this is pissing me off! post #4
It might be stretching, but im not sure that would happen every time you tightened the chail/wheel. someone i know also has a shadow half link chain and he has the same problems and says the chain sucks. i dont have one so i dont know but from what iv been hearing that chain is no good. get a wal-mart chain, its solid and never loosens

johnuk

johnuk

this is pissing me off! post #5
Last edited:

New Topics