this ever happened to anyone

• Discuss this ever happened to anyone in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i couldnt belive this, i own a gt compe bloody luvly bike, and if there is anyonen in the uk who has been seing the weather latley ull know why im so... ...
  • Tags bike
B

bones

this ever happened to anyone post #1
i couldnt belive this,
i own a gt compe bloody luvly bike, and if there is anyonen in the uk who has been seing the weather latley ull know why im so pissed,

i stayed over my mates and we had to leave our bikes OUTSIDE IN THE RAIN AND WIND!
dont sound bad does it :wink: ?? well the two bolts for my stem were complety rusted like a bitch :oops: ather many attempts of taking them off it just rounded them now i have to saw through the middle of my stem (where the bolts clamp) to get it off my bike

this ever happen to anyone >? :p

F

FT rider

this ever happened to anyone post #2
dont ever leave your bike out if its rainin that bad i mean surely u can chuck it in somwere? and im sorry but u are insanley stupid to screw up you stem like that all you need to do is buy a larger allen key and hammer the thing in it may ruin the bolt but all u do is buy new bolts and your done! no stupid sawing crap

and yeh that same thing happened to me when i was dumb enough to leave my bike outside and i jus hammered a allen key in its not hard

B

bones

this ever happened to anyone post #3
problem is i tried the larger allen key trick it just kpt slipping when i turnt it i even went two sizes up and mutalated the bolt !

plus i usually keep my bike next to my raidator lol :p :nono:

X

XIII

this ever happened to anyone post #4
maby you used th ewrong asllen wrenches...If you used Metric, maby you were supposed to use Customary (American)

D

Deliciouspeed

this ever happened to anyone post #5
Bad idea. Those bolts will rust with normal use. You should always lightly coat them with grease when you install them. But you can never just leave the bike out like that. Rain isn't just rain these days ya know.

S

sentaafEQpovar

this ever happened to anyone post #6
hammer a large flat head screw driver in there

C

casperh

this ever happened to anyone post #7
use the 19 mm

F

federal_rider12

this ever happened to anyone post #8
nope because no matter where i am i have my bike somewhere where it wont get exposed to the elements, and i dont ride mine in the rain nore snow but my friend has had rusted stem bolts but they didnt strip out when taking them out and if you left it outside for one night then thats ridiculous it might have surface rust that cleans right off but being fully rusted would take some time with being outside unless the stem is a crappy one or the bolts have been replaced and they are crap but it shouldnt of rusted all the way through

New Topics