Thinking of cutting...

• Discuss Thinking of cutting... in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; My seat tube offf, what are your opinions, =/ i want something different, not trying to save weight, ...
MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

Thinking of cutting... post #1
My seat tube offf, what are your opinions, =/

i want something different, not trying to save weight,

kenbillmary

kenbillmary

Thinking of cutting... post #2
dont do it
its ***

MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

Thinking of cutting... post #3
its ***

i wish i knew what that meant,

lmfao

no i just want people to be like WTF?>

E RaK

E RaK

Thinking of cutting... post #4
I wouldn't recommend it because you need to buy a wedge post and if you cut too far, like below the toptube, the frame is weakened.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

Thinking of cutting... post #5
I wouldn't recommend it because you need to buy a wedge post and if you cut too far, like below the toptube, the frame is weakened.
No need for a wedge post you just clamp at the bottom not the top of the post. This has been done people said WTF it will brake bla bla bla and the guy is still riding the frame after like 6 months. Not something I would do but if your thinking about it track him down and ask him about it. I'm pretty sure Odysseus is friends with him.

Last edited:
alex1430

alex1430

Thinking of cutting... post #6
it'b cool to do that one guy on here that did it said that spot has no stress at all or something like that but idk i dont wanna fu ck shit up and buy a new frame it would be so gangster looking can do new tricks to maybe:hmm:

S

screwglue

Thinking of cutting... post #7
I remember back in the day when walmart sold those NEXT bikes that had a aluminum frame with no seat tube. It was my first bike without training wheels I might add.

Anyways if it's a frame you really don't give a shit about and you're a light rider, do it. There are i'd say over 100 safer ways to make people say WTF when they see you're bike.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

Thinking of cutting... post #8
i would never cut any part of my bike out or off
thats just stupid and pointless
if you are trying to make an interesting bike dont
do it with a trick bike
just cuz it might work for some time for someone else
doesnt mean it will work for you
that part is there for a reason believe it or not and
im SURE it cant be good to do it

K

Kirbs

Thinking of cutting... post #9
Nah don't. Just stupid.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Thinking of cutting... post #10
sounds like a terrfic way to ruin a perfectly good frame (or maybe an already crappy frame). either way, it will only make your frame weak and worthless.

Air-Ox

Air-Ox

Thinking of cutting... post #11
If it did have the same strength then why havent companies done it? Eastern have cut bits off but never the full way off. No need and people will automaticly think its for weight. Paint your bike a weird color if you want looks.

MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

Thinking of cutting... post #12
its already white and pink lmao,

i want that khe bar/stem combo already,

anyone know when its coming out?

and who is the guy who cut out his tube? i wanna pm him.

the ace of spade

the ace of spade

Thinking of cutting... post #13
it doesnt sound like a good idea bro, but good luck if you decide to try it

New Topics