think ive been ridin to much..

• Discuss think ive been ridin to much.. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok so for the last week, its been school hols. so ive been ridin for atleast 6 hours a day since monday. ive had one pretty bad stack and pulled me... ...
Bojangles

Bojangles

think ive been ridin to much.. post #1
ok so for the last week, its been school hols. so ive been ridin for atleast 6 hours a day since monday. ive had one pretty bad stack and pulled me hammy. now it sorta hurts to walk... my legs just genrelly hurt. i have had one day where i didnt go ridin, just to rest.

so should i slow down on the riding?:?

IrideAmacneil

IrideAmacneil

think ive been ridin to much.. post #2
you will eventually get rid of these pains, your body just seems to not notice the pain so much as before.
at least thats what happened with me...

B

ben

think ive been ridin to much.. post #3
if you want to ride, ride you don't need a stranger on the internet to timetable your sessions

Bojangles

Bojangles

think ive been ridin to much.. post #4
if you want to ride, ride you don't need a stranger on the internet to timetable your sessions
i know, i just want advise. maybe someone has in a situation that im in and it turned out for the worst... i donno its hard to explain, i dont think you understand the question

T

truebluegallo

think ive been ridin to much.. post #5
ok so for the last week, its been school hols. so ive been ridin for atleast 6 hours a day since monday. ive had one pretty bad stack and pulled me hammy. now it sorta hurts to walk... my legs just genrelly hurt. i have had one day where i didnt go ridin, just to rest.

so should i slow down on the riding?:?
i pretty much 6 hours or more a day an farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
my legs felt weak when i first started or if like i dont ride for like a week "vacation outta state" when i come back i feel weak after i ride it always take like 2 weeks to build back the same muscle stamina...u will get used to it but take a day off here an there so your muscles can build an recover

protein shakes are a big help when i have then i never get tired an week feeling during a ride...i mean i still get winded just i dont feel like my legs are dead

fit bike co

fit bike co

think ive been ridin to much.. post #6
ride, ride until you bleed internally!

johnuk

johnuk

think ive been ridin to much.. post #7
it's either the muscles getting used to doing such large amounts of excercise or they're just bruised from overexcercise.

make sure you eat lots of protein if you're cycling hard for that length of time - that'll help rebuild torn muscle fibres. you should 1-2g of protein per kilo of body mass per day if you're excercising hard. That's about 60 - 120g for me, since I'm about 60kg (130 - 140lbs, 9 1/2st).

i go running every other day or sometimes every day. at first your muscles will ache because they're just being stretched. then they ache because they can't rebuild themselves as quickly as you're damaging them without a lot of protein spare to do it with. i've been running ten to thirty miles a week for the last two years and my body still aches from time to time

The Radness

The Radness

think ive been ridin to much.. post #8
you should do what i do!

when you need to take a day off on the bmx ride some other form of bike
i personally like to take my road bike for a good 5 mile ride

that way you stay flexible and give your muscles a workout, but it's not impact

ever tried riding your bike without trying any tricks? Same thing.

New Topics