there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there

• Discuss there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; So My hub was engaging like shit, (my 04 odyssey cassette, with og bearings, and would be axle too but i threw my bike and it snapped :lol: ) so I took... ...
turndown

turndown

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #1
So My hub was engaging like shit, (my 04 odyssey cassette, with og bearings, and would be axle too but i threw my bike and it snapped :lol: ) so I took it apart and saw my pawls were pretty wore, and my spring wasnt very tight on the driver, so I tried to fix it, but long story short I just ovalized it, and either way my pawls were in really shitty condition. So I said screw it, and went to my bikeshop after looking on some mailorders to make sure I could buy pawls and springs seperate.

After calling 4 distributors, they tell him they dont carry them and to call odyssey. He calls odyssey and told them I needed new springs and pawls for my hub because a customer's (me) were worn out and if he could order some, the guy on the phone asked for my address and said they should be there in a couple days.

Now to me, thats service. Odyssey didnt care that mine were just wore, and without any questions other that what was wrong, sent me new ones, FOR FREE. This is probably why I will never buy another cassette hub, ever. This is not the first time Ive dealt with odysseys amazing customer service department and it wont be the last. Im sorry if it seems Im on their nuts, but I am.

A

AaronBMX

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #2
all the parts i have i love them and they really update stuff and keep getting new stuff:)

NEWRIDE

NEWRIDE

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #3
That's nice, I just hope people wont start abusing the system. If they start to, then oddsy wont be able to keep its sweet warranty. I've been thinking about that lately. (This has nothing to do with you, I'm not trying to say your doing it)

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #4
ya well i dont think it even costs alot of money in the first place to buy some prawls and if they send u that chances are youll come back to buy their shit and they were right

erikasLT

erikasLT

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #5
my fork sterier tube is cut low, and the guy said send it in and we will give u green or bright yellow forks for free.

turndown

turndown

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #6
ya well i dont think it even costs alot of money in the first place to buy some prawls and if they send u that chances are youll come back to buy their shit and they were right
Yeah, I know. I would have paid for the spring and pawls willingly, but they said no charge, and they would be shipped to my house. Great service.

B

band aid

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #7
hey erikasLT do you think sunday would do that?

T

Timthekid

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #8
sweet i love odyssey to.

ATP

ATP

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #9
Odyssey is really nice. So am I though.

erikasLT

erikasLT

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #10
hey erikasLT do you think sunday would do that?
Don't know about Sunday. But if I was you, try calling them, or send them a e-mail. But the best thing is to call them and tell them whats wrong and don't be a dick. Be like I can't run a gyro.

E

EAT

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #11
Odyssey is really nice. So am I though.
But do you give out replacement parts no questions asked?
Thats right.....

ATP

ATP

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #12
But do you give out replacement parts no questions asked?
Thats right.....

I didn't get a chance to answer, yes I do.

In fact, whats your address, I'll mail you a big box of **** YOU.

J/K, but really.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #13
I didn't get a chance to answer, yes I do.

In fact, whats your address, I'll mail you a big box of **** YOU.

J/K, but really.
Hahah that made me laugh.

Wildbill

Wildbill

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #14
Yeah, they have a great warranty department. They actually get to you pretty promptly and help you out. Although i don't like everything they make, i have been really impressed with their 7K/A rims. I also have their Cassette, while i don't think its the best design(primo and profile have a better one IMO). But it works pretty well and is simple and rebuildable. I had the original 7K and after a year they released the 7KA so they replaced mine free. They have really changed and became a great company over the years.

bmxertroy

bmxertroy

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #15
Odyssey are grouse.

M

m419bmx

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #16
those hubs are good for the money but thats about it. but yes odysseys customer service is awesome.

M

MATRIX

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #17
I don't think Oddy is #1 YET, but they are trying.

Don't forget Standard and a few others are just as willing. Standard even did a similar thing with an old frame. It was bent, but not bad. They asked what TT and BB I needed and sent a new frame, never asked to see my other frame.

I even told them I was going to buy one if it was truely bent bad enough. But they said no, they'd replace it because they value the people who buy their products.

So, Oddy, Standard,Solid and a few others are all great.

D

Dylan Haro

there is a reason odyssey is the best bmx company out there post #18
Yeah go ody!

New Topics