TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline

• Discuss TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline in the Bike Check forum in area BMX Forum Show-Off; Here is the ride, nothing to special but I have had it a LONG time and I love it. Lot of stock and generic parts on it, but I am getting back into the... ...
T

TheMcCumbers

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #1
Here is the ride, nothing to special but I have had it a LONG time and I love it. Lot of stock and generic parts on it, but I am getting back into the game and gonna start upgrading. If anyone knows where to get original parts for this bike, that would be sweet and please let me know.

Don't mind the weird basement pictures either, just got off of a 12 hour night shift and thought it wold be a good idea to go ahead and do this.

Frame: 4130 Chromoly Redline Proline
Fork: Original
Bars: Cut and Welded Redline Forklifters
Stem: Answer Aluminite
Grips: Some weird ones of an old GT
Barends: Yeah right
Headset: Diamondback
Seatpost Clamp: Original
Seatpost: Generic
Seat: Velo (nice comfy one from a mountain bike)
Cranks: Redline Monster 3pc.
Bottom Bracket: Redline
Sprocket: Generic
Chain: KMC Dropbuster
Brakes: Original
Cable: Generic replacement
Brake Lever: Original
Front Tire: Kenda K-Rad
Front Wheel: Diamondback Complete
Rear Tire: Maxxis Maxx Daddy
Rear Wheel: Diamondback Complete
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC

Mods: Trimmed Handlebars

Creepozoid

Creepozoid

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #2
*ROFL* at those grips! Heehee I remember those from the very early 80s! the hardest most uncomfortable grips ever! and they slipped all over the place cos they plastic nut rubber.

Ok, you might want to look at www.vintagebmx.com and www.bmxmuseum.com they both have for sale/trade forums if you want to try get some original parts. Also, you can look through the bikes in the museum to get the exact year and model, so you know what parts to look for. www.vert-ego.com and www.80sbmx.com might be of some help

azz2811

azz2811

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #3
thats oldskool man the grips look aight

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #4
why would you want to find original parts? maybe try updating to todays parts :]

P

paranoidmexican

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #5
sick grips

bmx4lyfe28

bmx4lyfe28

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #6
haha i like the grips and how u just randomlly have the oddsey twisted PC's lol

D

DavoRidesBikes

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #7
good man to hear you back in the game

when did you stop?

Arch Enemy

Arch Enemy

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #8
Oldschool!!

Haha at those grips.

K

Karl H. Marx

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #9
You're using this for street/park?

Good luck..

bguminey

bguminey

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #10
I had that same frame when I started racing it was sweet but I broke it trail riding

H

Hermes

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #11
lol really old school

T

TheMcCumbers

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #12
Cython: Actually, the grips stay in place real good, put them on with hairspray a long time ago and they haven't moved in like 2 years. They are pretty hard, but I don't think they are uncomfortable. And thanks for all the links man

LIbmx83092: Well I guess you could call me nostalgic LOL, I just really like the way the thing looks with all the little RL stamping onthe parts and stuff. I have upgraded to some new parts like the cranks, stem and rims. I'm sure once I **** up the forks bad or what not I will upgrade to newer ones, but for now I prefer to kick it old school :lol:

kill4lyfe: Well I figured I would get rif of the horrible meat shredding cage pedals I had on there, slipped off of them once and had to get stiches in my right shin. That was my deciding point on getting something a little more user friendly.

DavoRidesBikes: I rode from when i was like 12 to about 18, did mainly dirt and down-hill riding. I'm from a small West Virginia town not really anything as far as park/street to ride on. Had to quit when I moved to college, didn't have shit to ride there, except sidewalks.

Britrider: Honestly man, I am just using it to ride, gonna rig up some pegs to fit the front forks and go at it. If somethign breaks, I'll upgrade it :lol: Have no real set goal, I just always like riding and want to do it some more.

Thanks for everyones input and comments I appreciate it. As far as the old school stuff... I know, and I love the old thing and like I told LIbmx I am an old fashioned/nostalgic persn. I've rode alot of newer model bikes, but i just don't like the way they feel. I don't know if I am just to used to this frame after riding on it for like 6 years or what. But I think i will keep my old Redline :D

J

jamhotgammon

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #13
brilliant bike check, and rep for some wondrous sites :D

*ROFL* at those grips! Heehee I remember those from the very early 80s! the hardest most uncomfortable grips ever! and they slipped all over the place cos they plastic nut rubber.

Ok, you might want to look at www.vintagebmx.com and www.bmxmuseum.com they both have for sale/trade forums if you want to try get some original parts. Also, you can look through the bikes in the museum to get the exact year and model, so you know what parts to look for. www.vert-ego.com and www.80sbmx.com might be of some help

The Lost Otter

The Lost Otter

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #14
why would you want to find original parts? maybe try updating to todays parts :]
why would you put oldayt parts on a new bike?

it just doesnt work out

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

TheMcCumbers' Redline Proline post #15
now that is some old school shit yo
cool

New Topics