The use of a hub guard?

• Discuss The use of a hub guard? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What's the use of a hub guard? it seems more usefull to save your spokes while grinding then the hub actually, or am I wrong? :/ ...
F

FOL

The use of a hub guard? post #1
What's the use of a hub guard? it seems more usefull to save your spokes while grinding then the hub actually, or am I wrong? :/

L

leon_luxton

The use of a hub guard? post #2
its guards your hub..duh :roll: :wink: :twisted: lol :lol:

F

FOL

The use of a hub guard? post #3
Don't look at the title only :p I explained why it confuses me.

I

infantry43RIDER

The use of a hub guard? post #4
some hub guards will protect the spokes where you would hit them when grinding.

for example the G-SPOrT G.L.A.N.D. 2 (sold at empirebmx.com) is a nice big hubguard (and no its not heavy) and it protects the spokes all around the hub...ive got 2 of them and they are real nice.

F

FOL

The use of a hub guard? post #5
but I don't udnerstand how it protects the hub. What can go wrong with a hub mostly, bending? How can that guard protect it from bending?

M

Mr_Shrapnel

The use of a hub guard? post #6
ok, it goes like this, if you run pegs, they are pretty close to the hub right? so sometimes when you grind on your pegs, you mess up, it will happen sooner or later, and if this happens sometimes you hub gets bashed resulting in bendage, this sucks, a hub guard prevents this....by guarding...it....

F

FOL

The use of a hub guard? post #7
hmm well I still doubt about the working of the thing, I still think it is pretty useless (IE if you go that wrong you bend your hub, a hub guard won't save it). but that is not experience-based :)

I

infantry43RIDER

The use of a hub guard? post #8
the hub guard will save your hub...mostly its for the flanges so they don't bend like hell when you keep bashing them by missed grinds.

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

The use of a hub guard? post #9
My old Primo Cyclone flattened out a section of my axle.

I dont use hub guards anymore.

S

sentaafEQpovar

The use of a hub guard? post #10
i use a big square washer i found at a construction site as a hub guard.... its on page fourteen of pics of bikes

I

infantry43RIDER

The use of a hub guard? post #11
fenixbykeco said:
My old Primo Cyclone flattened out a section of my axle.

I dont use hub guards anymore.
yea i have heard bad things about the primo guard.
small ones like that don't usually work real good.

New Topics