the primo or the sun

• Discuss the primo or the sun in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; should i buy a sun bfr rear wheel or a primo hulahoop rear wheel i think i should buy the bfr because of the weight and the primo because of the... ...
@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

the primo or the sun post #1
should i buy a sun bfr rear wheel or a primo hulahoop rear wheel
i think i should buy the bfr because of the weight and the primo because of the strength (www.sun-ringle.com (www.primo-usa.com)

O

oibmxpunx

the primo or the sun post #2
i dont know i have a bfr front rim its good but ive never rode a primo rim

@

the primo or the sun post #3
could i run it in the back

S

sandmriderbmx

the primo or the sun post #4
i have sun big citys and i love those, im not sure how the bfrs are but i would go wth them since sun specilizes in rims so its probably gonna be a better quality

fitvanhoman666

fitvanhoman666

the primo or the sun post #5
i would go with primo cause they are strong and if you arnt the smoothest rider then they are good...get the cassette wheel too

I

infantry43RIDER

the primo or the sun post #6
Primo.

X

XIII

the primo or the sun post #7
Primo.

gorgorothrider

gorgorothrider

the primo or the sun post #8
I run a bfr in the back for one year with no problem
it stayed hell strait
the walls are strong but not as primo

M

Mr_Shrapnel

the primo or the sun post #9
its hard to say, some people find that bfr's rule, but i a dubious to say the least, as the walls are pinned, not welded, meaning that there is a considerable weakness there, and the primos are stronger, without a doubt, but there are advantages and disadvanteges for both.

BFR
+
quite light
some people find them quite strong
quite cheap

-
some people find them quite weak
not rider owned

primo
+
without a doubt very strong
rider owned

-
reasonably heavy
not exactly cheap

its up to you man. i guess that if you put the sun in the front it will be more than strong enough, you may be able to get away with running it 36. the primo in the front will be a bit of an overkill.
the sun in the rear may be a bit weak, but the primo in the back will be in its element.

note that both rims are tall wall, which means that getting tires on and off will be a pain in the arse. but if you go for rims like the sun big city, or araya x7 you will not have this problem.

RuLe

RuLe

the primo or the sun post #10
primo

@

the primo or the sun post #11
i have seen the sun 4play rims they are a little bit cheaper than the primos and lighter they are triple wall can i run those in the back 48 H

F

federal_rider12

the primo or the sun post #12
i run the sun 4-play right now in the rear and i had a bad bail on a sprocket grind and i heard stuff breaking and getting smashed on hop on my bike and i couldnt ride the wheel kept getting jammed and i thought oh great my brand new wheel that i got just an hour ago was broken. i check it and it is not dented the spokes got a bit loose but the whole reason it wouldnt move was because the chain tensioner snapped and my wheel moved and i had the back wheel as tight as it could possibly be. but anyways i saw the tire had a good scratch on it(it was brand new too) so i figured my rim was damaged but nope it looks great still especially after all those bails and crashes i had over my 3 days of riding but my frame got some really good dents in it.

i plan on getting the sun bfr for the front but i like my demolition too much right now, so id say go with sun extremely strong rims, ive seen a couple bent primo rims never seen a bfr bent

@

the primo or the sun post #13
I think i got to go for the sun bfr in front and the sun 4play in the rear
PS i dont do grinding

M

Mr_Shrapnel

the primo or the sun post #14
well you should grind.
if i was you, i would get the sun big city in the rear, and sun rhyno lite xl in the front.

@

the primo or the sun post #15
no i go with the sun 4 play and the bfr rim i think

M

Mr_Shrapnel

the primo or the sun post #16
but the tire will be such a pain to get on and off, i HATE tall rims. dont get me wrong, i love the hazard lite, but i would change it to a low wall rim anyday, even if it meant either gaining some weight or loosing some strength, THE TIRES JUST DONT COME OFF!!!!

F

federal_rider12

the primo or the sun post #17

F

federal_rider12

the primo or the sun post #18
damn i like had to go through that like 4 times before it worked!

@

the primo or the sun post #19
is it that tough to remove the tires?
i can take the odysseys should i take that one in the back and a bfr in the front instead of 4 play in the back?

@

the primo or the sun post #20
or i saw a demolition rim with not too high sidewalls

New Topics