The Price of flatland?

• Discuss The Price of flatland? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey..this is a question i always think about and ask my self and i now wanna ask YOU this question...Why do Flatland Specfic parts/frame ect.. cost... ...
  • Tags dirt flatland parts street

Do u think FLATLAND specfic parts cost more then other types of specfic parts eg..street parts?

• No...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dont know cos i am a dumb ass...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

leon_luxton

The Price of flatland? post #1
hey..this is a question i always think about and ask my self and i now wanna ask YOU this question...Why do Flatland Specfic parts/frame ect.. cost more then other type of parts like street specific parts/dirt specfic parts? So what so you guys think? or am i wrong about them costing more? any ideas?
the reason i think they cost more is beacuse they put more efort into the design of the parts.cost more to make,are made to perfection? thats what i think so what you lot think?
leon

F

FOL

The Price of flatland? post #2
I don't think there is a huge difference. You can always make stuff more expensive (hence, go for a (real) gold frame). But making it light and such will probably cost you some extra money on the frame (especially)...

C

casperh

The Price of flatland? post #3
i have my parts hand made in a few weeks!

I

infantry43RIDER

The Price of flatland? post #4
they are around the same prices...at least where i shop...that is what i notice.
why would they be any different?

ok ok...because flatland is special right? ha.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

The Price of flatland? post #5
hmmm i think that maybe they do......sometimes, i guess frame prices are about the smae, so are forks, bars allways seem to cost more, it seems a bit more engineering goes into making stems so they cost a bit more, cranks are more specialized lengths etc, so i guess they cost more, freecoasters are quite expensive, pegs seem to more tech than the average cro mo peg, so i guess they also cost more. alot of flatland riders use both brakes and a gyro, so that will cost more overall. so maybe they do in certain respects, but you can get some pretty expensive street/park/dirt/race stuff as well.

I

infantry43RIDER

The Price of flatland? post #6
oh yea...you do have a point there shrapnel.

W

William

The Price of flatland? post #7
don't they cost more becasue they have to be specialy made becasue they are lighter, and stronger to endure the pressure of flat land tricks?

P

Pyro insaine

The Price of flatland? post #8
1 because there (at least in the us) are not as many bmxer's that flatland so since they have to make specific parts for it and dont have as many buyers the have to jack up the prices to keep the busnesses up and runing

2 they are jackasses

L

leon_luxton

The Price of flatland? post #9
well i think its cos flatland frames have bends in tubes,gussets,special droputs andthe other parts have more time and designing put into them :D

New Topics