The Digi Bike V3 (WIP)

• Discuss The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; A few of you may remember that I did a whole bike in CAD a few years back. My computer hard drive ended up crashing when the bike was about 85-90%... ...
Busades

Busades

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #1
A few of you may remember that I did a whole bike in CAD a few years back. My computer hard drive ended up crashing when the bike was about 85-90% done. I then started on a new V2 but never finished it. Well now that I have found a slight amount of free time so V3 has started. Most of the parts are on my bike, or old ones I have laying around.

I have a few parts done, but a few will change. I just finished off building up a profile rear hub to a 7kA rim. It still needs the nipples and valve hole, but its a start. I will keep the progress posted.

bike ryder

bike ryder

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #2
thats cool man

F

frightmare

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #3
nice man.

S

Sifting

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #4
Looks pretty sweet, can't wait to see what it will be like finished. Also do you mind telling me which program you used for it?

K

Karl H. Marx

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #5
I just finished off building up a profile rear hub to a 7kA rim.
Haha :p

Pretty cool.

M

marks86

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #6
thats sick. explain to me how you did that

Busades

Busades

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #7
Its all done in solid works. Most of the parts are reversed engineered using precision measuring. Lacing a wheel in solidworks is not so hard. All I had to do was 4 key spokes (drive side inner, drive side outter, non drive side outter, non drive side inner) and solidworks can pattern the other 32 spokes automatically. I will post a better picture of the rear wheel shortly. Dont forget that this model is 100% accurate, right down to every bearing label found on the seals of the driver bearings in the profile hub.

SnK

SnK

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #8
dude make a program like that but be able to changed parts/colours and you'll make shit loads of money.

Minitrix

Minitrix

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #9
Is it just me, or is there a pedal just floating behind the wheel?

F

frightmare

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #10
dude make a program like that but be able to changed parts/colours and you'll make shit loads of money.
i agree. u could make some bank. could build a virtual bike with legit parts and colors. would make parts shopping so easy.

remz857

remz857

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #11
that looks sick man, keep up the good work! you my hero lmao

Pickles

Pickles

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #12
Its all done in solid works. Most of the parts are reversed engineered using precision measuring. Lacing a wheel in solidworks is not so hard. All I had to do was 4 key spokes (drive side inner, drive side outter, non drive side outter, non drive side inner) and solidworks can pattern the other 32 spokes automatically. I will post a better picture of the rear wheel shortly. Dont forget that this model is 100% accurate, right down to every bearing label found on the seals of the driver bearings in the profile hub.
I use ViaCADD and have done a scale model of my pedal one time. including the missing pins XD

looks good,real good.

K

Kirbs

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #13
Mint +rep

Busades

Busades

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #14
Is it just me, or is there a pedal just floating behind the wheel?
Yes since I am lacking a crank set at the moment so a pedal is magically floating.

Haha funny story....

Busades

Busades

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #15
Here is a small update of the wheel. I threaded all the spokes and they not have the DT nipple stamp. The devil is in the details.

CodyPrince

CodyPrince

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #16
that is so cool busades, rep to the major! but jeez i hope you slam that seat XD

PS. 1,200 post!

Busades

Busades

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #17
that is so cool busades, rep to the major! but jeez i hope you slam that seat XD

PS. 1,200 post!
I cant even make a virtual bike w/o someone telling me to slam my seat!

In all honesty while I don't give a flying fig for trends on my real bike. I may do a very trendy digi bike since it makes my like much more simple. Not having to model a gyro and brake cables will let me sleep at night.

AustinK

AustinK

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #18
ok now try and make it in pro engineer:D

very cool anyway

TimeIsMoney

TimeIsMoney

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #19
Looking at that picture reminds me of high school when we did CAD in D&T some nice CAD skills you got there.

Busades

Busades

The Digi Bike V3 (WIP) post #20
ok now try and make it in pro engineer:D

very cool anyway
Pro E is a decent program, but solidworks still trumps it.

I have post this image before, but I may as well show the detail in the profile hub. The solidworks predicted weight is bang on with the real hub.

New Topics