The Difference Between...

• Discuss The Difference Between... in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I'm quite new to this, and I've been looking at some Huffy BMX's. I was just wondering, what's the difference between quarter ton, half ton & one ton... ...
  • Tags bike parts
B

bmx2003

The Difference Between... post #1
I'm quite new to this, and I've been looking at some Huffy BMX's. I was just wondering, what's the difference between quarter ton, half ton & one ton? I'm thinking this means that the one ton will be heavier and more robust?! :?

Thanx! 8)

E

evanc

The Difference Between... post #2
1 tom = 2000 lbs, 32000 oz.
1/2 ton = 1000 lbs, 16000 oz.
1/4 tom = 500 lbs, 8000 oz.

B

bmx2003

The Difference Between... post #3
Thanx! Which is the best? The lightest? Or is weight important for better control of the bike?

E

evanc

The Difference Between... post #4
The lightest would be the 1/4 ton, obviously. I'd say get the full ton though, because you know it's gotta be beefy to weigh 1 ton. Plus it will be more stable in the air and such.

B

bmx2003

The Difference Between... post #5
That's what I was thinking! Thanx evanc! 8)

E

evanc

The Difference Between... post #6
You do realize I was just talking out of my ass, right? I have no f*cking clue about Huffy's. I sure hope your bike doesn't weigh 2000 pounds. Hahaha...oh man..

415fsxrules

The Difference Between... post #7
LOL the real difference is that from the quater ton to the one ton the bike just becomes better,better parts,better frame etc. evanc some newbies will believe anything 8)

B

bmx2003

The Difference Between... post #8
evanc said:
You do realize I was just talking out of my ass, right? I have no f*cking clue about Huffy's. I sure hope your bike doesn't weigh 2000 pounds. Hahaha...oh man..
Yeah, well you can't spell! You spelt ton as tom on two accounts! :p

B

bmx2003

The Difference Between... post #9
415fsxrules said:
LOL the real difference is that from the quater ton to the one ton the bike just becomes better,better parts,better frame etc. evanc some newbies will believe anything 8)
Lol, nice one!

I

infantry43RIDER

The Difference Between... post #10
y are you getting a huffy.... :?: :?:

E

evanc

The Difference Between... post #11
bmx2003 said:
evanc said:
Yeah, well you can't spell! You spelt ton as tom on two accounts! :p
*gasp!* How can you ever forgive me?

B

bmx2003

The Difference Between... post #12
Lol! Only joking! :lol:

I

infantry43RIDER

The Difference Between... post #13
:clap:

E

evanc

The Difference Between... post #14
S

Super S***

The Difference Between... post #15
Yeah huffy are c*ap have you seen powercam 2003 i think that is possibly the biggest pile of s**t i have ever seen, a company that makes bikes like that cant be that good.

G

gt_thumps

The Difference Between... post #16
whoa this is confusing. is there a huffy ton model or something?sry. dont know much about huffy's cause i dont think much of them.

I

infantry43RIDER

The Difference Between... post #17
yea there is a huffy one ton model...

i don't like huffy's one bit though either...

B

Bailer

The Difference Between... post #18
well acording to my freinds dad, when my freind was about 6-7 and didnt do jumps, he was still able to get a huffy, and i like to think that when i and a jump or trick my bike isnt going to fall apart

R

rogerboger

The Difference Between... post #19
i have a huffy powercam :(

volumekicksass91

volumekicksass91

The Difference Between... post #20
not all huffy's were shit.just department store ones.cory nastazio and a few other pro's use to ride for huffy.

New Topics