the daring four set

• Discuss the daring four set in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey, im really new at street, and ive managed to land a few grinds here and there on low boxs and stuff. As for heights and stuff, i always get scared... ...
  • Tags 180 flatland street
jordan

jordan

the daring four set post #1
hey, im really new at street, and ive managed to land a few grinds here and there on low boxs and stuff. As for heights and stuff, i always get scared. Anyway, I was at my grandparents this weekend, and there is a four-set off a deck near there......I was like i can do this, but i chickend out every time. I had to step down to a two set across the street. Anyway, ill get it next year.......just thought id share.

From Jordan

C

cav89

the daring four set post #2
YOU P*SSY!!!

j/ks....nah man, we all get scared at one point at least when we are BMXing.......

just build up to it starting small etc.......make a small 2 pak and when you get it done just add on to it until you get it.

Clutch

Clutch

the daring four set post #3
It's funny you mention getting scared... I didn't chicken out while riding today, but I psyched myself out pretty good.

My buddy did a sweet 180 off this really sketchy ledge(More so the landing), and tried to push me into trying it, only after the second time of him doing it he bailed hard and twisted his stem and handle bars pretty good. Needless to say the first attempt was a poor display on my part, I did a 90 and near tweaked myself royally, but managed to pull off a 180 the 3rd time round.

The point is, I can do a 180 no prob, bunnyhop off a ledge whatever... I don't know why this time was any different, but it was.

Even the best of us get scared, human nature.

You'll get it next time, good luck.

jordan

jordan

the daring four set post #4
ok, so my friend smay and i went out looking for some street in our town. We saw this four set by a square boy and im like, i gotta do this....so i did....except i crashed. It hurt, and i got a big scrape on my hip. O well, at least i attempted it. Then we went to this park, and found some low ledges and did some double peggers. Till next time, PEace.

jordan

jordan

the daring four set post #5
man i should get into street a bit , jordan were doing some ledges down at this park and i really wanted to do them but theres so much you need to think about while doing to trick, like up with front wheel, forward, back wheel up , land perfectly, dont endo it, land softly ect... ill try to get jordan to teach me some stuff.i flatland btw. ok all ttyl have fun :lol:

smay

smay

the daring four set post #6
sorry all i was in jordans file this is smay now and the one above^^^^^^

barrog

barrog

the daring four set post #7
I take it you mean like manualing off the steps and landing on the floor after them, that is easy, just pull up and let the back wheel land first!

smay

smay

the daring four set post #8
no barrog he meens bunnyhopingof the the groud above down past the steps to the ground below, then crashing and messing up his side and his hand a little bit.

smay

smay

the daring four set post #9
grind

heh i grinded for the first time ever this weekend !~!~!~! sorry im happy, ima flatlander trying street and i grinded!

old_school_goose

old_school_goose

the daring four set post #10
me and my friends go to our local church and it has some mad stairs. 8 stairs to be exact. i was hella scared to do it becuase 8 stairs is alot of stairs! i'm still not doing it, but one of my freinds did, and he bent his 3 peice with ease doing it. i ride down it but screw jumping it i'm to scared.

smay

smay

the daring four set post #11
lol i feel bad now that im afraid to do a 4 set :s

W

William

the daring four set post #12
before you try doing a 4 set make sure you can land on both your wheels at the sam time so you don't get unbalanced. try this of a curb untill your comfortable then try the 4 set. also droping in off ledges helps to learn to land right. i learned on my mountian bike by dropping in of a picknick table down a 30 foot raven wall.

D

delawarejames

the daring four set post #13
its four stairs man, thats like maybe three feet high.

renegade

renegade

the daring four set post #14
anyway how tall were they

smay

smay

the daring four set post #15
what do u meen how tall like maybe 3 feet if thats what you meen

New Topics