Technical Help Please

• Discuss Technical Help Please in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; My Gt Compe is making some kind of creaking-squeeking noise in the Crank/pedal area/ THe bike is relatively new ( 1 month). Does anyone know how i can... ...
  • Tags bike dirt gt street
Mr. Barspin

Mr. Barspin

Technical Help Please post #1
My Gt Compe is making some kind of creaking-squeeking noise in the Crank/pedal area/ THe bike is relatively new ( 1 month). Does anyone know how i can fix or prevent that noise or what is causing it? Thanks :D

F

federal_rider12

Technical Help Please post #2
not this again! ok first off its most likely not your crank its your pedals. now if you know how and can remove the spindle from the pedal grease the bearings(if not maybe you can somehow stuff grease into the pedal) but if the pedals are sealed bearings then dont do this. next if that dont work then your spindle could be bent, so you will have to replace the pedals.

now if all that doesnt work, the bearings in your crank could be the probably but only if they are unsealed and try and grease them. now if all those dont work then possibly the crank has a weak point and is creaking(forged chromoly does this sometimes) and sometimes its not major but sometimes its a warning that the crank is going to snap, but it doesnt happen that much. usually when forged chromoly, pretty much any metal machined and tubular, doesnt make a noise before it fails, itll bend.

O

oibmxpunx

Technical Help Please post #3
im so sick of this qustion some one asks it once a week

Mr. Barspin

Mr. Barspin

Technical Help Please post #4
Thanks federal_rider12. Ill do that. i appriciate your help :)

S

Super S***

Technical Help Please post #5
yeah the same thing happened to my gt bump. but i expect its the pedals.
they come losse rly quickley first time u put them on then they should sort them selfes out when u tigten them

F

federal_rider12

Technical Help Please post #6
no problem, ive been through this like 7 times and like oibmxpunx said guys ask about this problem like every week. but pedals are crap they tend to go faster then any other part on a bike.

I

infantry43RIDER

Technical Help Please post #7
well maybe...besides tubes and tires.

F

federal_rider12

Technical Help Please post #8
my tires last forever since i dont skid them. maxxis ois the best, my holy roller has lasted 2 years and in like a month ill need to replace or itll be completely bald which ill probably still ride it like that, but i road the holy roller on dirt for a year only and then this past year has mostly only been street but these maxxis tires last a long time, one thing that saves me money :wink:

C

casperh

Technical Help Please post #9
i had a gt compe, and it sucked, but it was my first bike and i didnt know etc.

I

infantry43RIDER

Technical Help Please post #10
federal_rider12 said:
my tires last forever since i dont skid them. maxxis ois the best, my holy roller has lasted 2 years and in like a month ill need to replace or itll be completely bald which ill probably still ride it like that, but i road the holy roller on dirt for a year only and then this past year has mostly only been street but these maxxis tires last a long time, one thing that saves me money :wink:
well yea...i don't skid my tires either....its just i guess when i ride all the time they wear down or whatever...so i go through sets of tires every like six or seven months...maybe less.

New Topics